News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Far Place?

Started by Mandacaru, June 20, 2004, 09:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandacaru

You clever folk at The Unspoken Word, what are the plans for The Far Place? i.e. are you beavering away at it or is it for 2 years hence? Its the old chestnut of devising a campaign setting, producing material, when it's liable to be rewritten (and well). I'd also be interested in a breakdown of what'll be in it, if possible (maybe who's doing what too)?

Many thanks.
Sam.

Mark Galeotti

Ho hum. his is a tricky one -- we are still definitely keen on producing this book, not least because our in-house campaign knocked around there for quite some time and we have lots of ideas and material we want to use. That said, this ended up being one of those on-off projects, in part because we had other things on the go, in part because of reasons beyond our control. Something might come out by the end of this year, but to be honest I'd say that (unless Simon and I get a sudden burst of inspiration...and the spare time needed to indulge it) I think 2005 is more likely.

That said, we want to publish great Gloranthan material, not necessarily write it -- if you want to get involved and thus ensure that your vision is part of the eventual UW one, then get in touch (off-list)

All the best

Mark
A HREF=http://www.firebird-productions.com/>Mythic Russia: heroism and adventure in the land of the Firebird</A>