News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Spell: Fountain of Youth

Started by Adrynian, June 24, 2004, 05:06:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adrynian

Yeah, "The Silver Spike!"  That was, I think, the last or second to last book I read... I didn't really care for it.  I think it was probably the reason I stopped reading the series for now.

Umm, if you would send my email address to your brother, that would be great!  I mean, if you don't think he'll think that was odd or anything.  I'm always interested in talking to other people in CogSci, and being able to talk to a professor at another university would be a really good way to make connections and get more perspective on the discipline.

Thanks a bunch!

Adrynian

kenjib

I like it because I also like sorcerers who have been alive for an inhuman amount of time.  However, this means that there should be some other kind of trade off for using magic.  Something that measures humanity or corruption are good options.  You can live forever, but in doing so your soul becomes irrevocably stretched out and thin until from the shear weariness of life, continuing year by year becomes such a burden that sorcerers eventually go mad, lose their will to live and allow themselves to pass on, or burn out in a final blaze of reckless suicidal rampage.
Kenji

Tash

If you've ever played Vampire with a group of really dedicated roleplayers you know how much fun that is.  Sadly most people who play whitewolf make it a gothed up DnD hack and slash game, but occasionally you get a group that focuses on the real meat of the game:  how human minds slowly warp and change after centuries of endless life.
"And even triumph is bitter, when only the battle is counted..."  - Samael "Rebellion"