News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gen Con extras

Started by Valamir, July 13, 2004, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Czege

Half Meme Press has one product:
    My Life with Master: $13[/list:u]Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Matt Snyder

Ralph, here's mine:

Chimera Creative (CC):

Products:

Dust Devils: $12
Nine Worlds: $18
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

smokewolf

Here's mine:

93 Games Studio (93GS)

The Swing: Reality Guide - $20

The Swing CD - $5
Keith Taylor
93 Games Studio
www.93gamesstudio.com

As Real As It Gets

Lxndr

Fastlane - $12, is the only product of Twisted Confessions (TC, I suppose)
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

alchemist

Heres my Company Info and Product List w/Gencon Pricing.

Company: Digital Alchemy (DA)

Products:

$20.00   Cartoforge: Dungeons (Palm OS)
$30.00   Cartoforge (Palm OS)
$30.00   Adventure Writer For Windows (10th Aniversary Edition)
$60.00   Adventure Writer For Windows Designers Edition

If you need anything else let me know.

Thanks,

Dan Ridenhour
Digital Alchemy
Cartoforge
Forging Worlds of Adventures... In The Palm Of Your Hand!
www.cartoforge.com

Tav_Behemoth

Here's Behemoth3's (B3) info, Department X:

Products:
Horde Book 1: Stirge (HB1),  X01, $12
Stirge monster cards (MC1), X02, $5
Horde Book 2: Minotaur (HB2),  X03, $12
Stirge monster cards (MC2), X04, $5
Masters and Minions set (MnM), X05, $30 [combo of all of the above]
Bull lord baseball jersey (BUL), X06, $20
Stirge coffee mug (MUG), X07, $13
Behemoth3 logo cap, X08, $15

Discounts:
Postcard coupon, -$2
HB1 PDF owner coupon, $-5 off X01 and a free X02
HB2 PDF owner coupon, $-5 off X03 and a free X04

The latter two are part of a promotion; the PDF people buy between now and the con will include a coupon that they can print and turn in at the booth to receive the discount. Since they could print out endless numbers of said coupons, I'll also compile a list of the owners who qualify for this discount, and we should have someone in the booth most of the time to help manage this.

Let me know if you need more details or explanation!

- Tavis
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Valamir

Ok Update Time:

1) Among the products so far include 3 shirts, a ball cap, a coffee mug, and an LCD Badge (for full disclosure, 1 of the shirts is mine).  I don't recall having any merchandise in the booth in previous years.

Ron, you, me, Luke, and George need to pow wow up some standards for merchandise display in the booth.

2) There are a fair number of discount coupons planned.  Thanks for making those explicit up front in your product lists.  I still have to test them in the register to make sure they work right but I think they will.  

However, I must stress that it is the individual companies who must be 100% responsible for the proper use and application of their coupons.  None of the cashiers can be expected to monitor coupon useage or promotion implementation.

In other words: if people get credited for coupons who don't deserve them, don't blame us.  This goes with especial emphasis to you, Tavis, since you are running some freebee promotions in addition to discounts.  

I suggest everyone offering a preprinted discount to provide a sample of it at the con so the cashiers can identify what the coupon is supposed to look like, but again, its the company owners/reps who are responsible for making sure they are applied properly.  

3) I am still waiting for product information from the following:

Driftwood,
Dogeared,
Lumpley,
Incardine,
Custom Built

I have product information from the following:

Adept
Ramshead,
BTRC,
Burning Wheel,
No Press,
Half Meme,
Chimera,
Twisted Confessions,
Bob Goat,
93 Games,
Behemoth,
Digital Alchemy

If you aren't on one of the above lists and you think you should be, you'd best get in touch with Ron ASAP because these are the only companies currently scheduled to be at the Forge Booth.

If you're on the first list, then you'd best supply your product information to me ASAP or that whole wrath and fear will kick in and you'll need to placate me with free beer and product (blood sacrifice comes later).

4) A small change in plans with regards to assigning Price Look Up numbers.  I was planning to make the first digits of the assigned PLU match the company department number.  Unfortuneately the register only holds 1200 PLUs while there are 17 companies. So that won't work.  It violates my aesthetic sensibilities but shouldn't be any real problem.

5) Its looking like we are going to have 80+ individual products for sale in the booth.  That's ALOT of individual products.  The good news is that about 20 of those are BTRC's CD products.  But that still leaves alot of product.

I plan to have a product list with name, company and PLU number by the register, but the list is going to be alot longer than I had anticipated.

The PLU system is supposed to make working the cash register easier.  It has the fewest keystrokes per item of any method, but I'm not sure how easy looking up the right number is going to be with so much product.

Any suggestions on how to make that piece easier will be appreciated.

The only one that's come to mind so far is to use little price tag stickers on the product but with the PLU number instead of / in addition to the price.

This also means some serious thinking about display space.  

Discuss...

Keith Senkowski

Ralph,

What are our assets for display space?  You brains, Fezzik strength, my steel?  Do we have display shelves like one would find in a comic book store or something or is it just tables and boxes?

Keith
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I'm not Ralph, but the booth has one rather nifty shelving rack provided by Paul Czege's selfless labor last year. Other than that, display space is extremely limited - the back curtain looks to be pretty taken up by banner space, and there is only very limited space for stand-up displays or shirts. The booth layout was not designed for selling anything but games themselves, with the demo tables being the most significant part of that process.

So for these:

Quote3 shirts, a ball cap, a coffee mug, and an LCD Badge

I gotta be a hard-ass and say, you're on your own without much recourse. The badge is best off, of course, because its vendors can wear them. For the shirts and cap, the same goes, and I don't see any reason why wearing them should be limited to their vendors - I, for one, intend to buy a Ramshead shirt and wear it for one day.

The coffee mug? H'm - oh! Use it to hold pencils and stuff during demos, and when the urge for coffee/etc takes you, use it for that! I'll probably buy one and do all of this with it. (Yes, washing in between different uses, no unhygienic gaming at the Forge booth!)

So maybe the policy isn't that hard-assed after all - think fun and obvious use, not display.

Best,
Ron

btrc

The programmable scrolling LCD message badges (which are tres cool, by the way) are going to be mounted on printed 8.5 x 11 cardstock so they can sit in any slot where a book could.

Greg Porter
BTRC

btrc

If someone's got shirts, those can be folded anc packaged to fit in a book-size slot as well. Just takes a little advance work.

Greg Porter
BTRC

Ron Edwards

Good points, Greg. Both of those are fully acceptable.

Best,
Ron

Tav_Behemoth

I appreciate the thoughts about how to store and display lumpy merchandise! I should have said, though, that I listed the mug, cap, and shirt just according to the might-sell-used-underwear dictum. They're mostly prizes for the Masters and Minions tournament, things for people to wear at the booth, etc. I reckoned that it was best to put 'em in the cash register regardless, and I'm open to any solutions for storage and display that make sense at the time.

The only display Behemoth3 really needs is an 17 x 11" patch of table on which we can put stacks of the two Horde Books; the deluxe set folder w/the cards can sit on top of the stack.
Masters and Minions: "Immediate, concrete, gameable" - Ken Hite.
Get yours from the creators or finer retail stores everywhere.

Matt Wilson

Lucky for me several of my neighbors have unsecure wifi, or I'd have missed this thread. I'm not due for hookup until next friday.

Anyway, Dog-eared Designs (DD or DED) has one product:

Primetime Adventures: $10

Jürgen Mayer

Quote from: Valamir4) A small change in plans with regards to assigning Price Look Up numbers.  I was planning to make the first digits of the assigned PLU match the company department number.  Unfortuneately the register only holds 1200 PLUs while there are 17 companies. So that won't work.  It violates my aesthetic sensibilities but shouldn't be any real problem.

Since most companies don't have more than 13 products anyway (numbered 00-12), I would suggest that you simply use the last two digits for the company department number, and the first two digits for the product numbers. So, frex if Chimera Creative is company 03, their PLUs would be 0003 Dust Devils and 0103 Nine Worlds.

For the exceptions with more then 13 products, simply give them two department numbers, like 20 and 21 for btrc.

Quote from: Valamir
The only one that's come to mind so far is to use little price tag stickers on the product but with the PLU number instead of / in addition to the price.
That would be the most cashier-friendly solution. If that's not feasible (we'd need some nice, easily removable stickers for all product), a well organized list is a must.

Quote from: Bob GoatWhat are our assets for display space? You brains, Fezzik strength, my steel? Do we have display shelves like one would find in a comic book store or something or is it just tables and boxes?
You can see Paul's famous indie-rpg-rack-of-doom in this pic. It has three sides (not the pic, the rack).
http://www.disastermachine.com/images/gc03_forge_booth.jpg

edit: what about simply using some small post-it stickers as price & PLU tags?
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com