News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

What's on My Plate

Started by Matt Gwinn, September 13, 2004, 04:21:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Gwinn

Just wanted to let people know that I'm still around and trying to put together a new game or two.  So here goes

KAYFABE
Haven't done much with it in quite some time.  I've been eager do some new material, but frankly wrestling is in such a bad state these days it just makes me sad to think about it.

Bone Casters
This is my newest endevor that I'm still mulling over.  The basic idea is to incorporate mystical  bone reading into scene framing and resolution.  Basicly each vital character and story aspect (ie. location, NPC, plot device) has a character sheet which doubles as a rolling surface.  Scene outcome is determined by reading the loactions and numbers on the dice (bones).  I'm still bouncing around a few ideas on  how it will actually work.

Conspiracy Theory
This is another game idea I'm tossing around that's still in its infancy.  One problem I hear about quite often is people not having enough friends to game with.  My thinking here is to create a game designed specifically for 2 players.  

The idea here is to create a game where the player tries to prove his character's conspiracy theory, while the GM does his best to make the character seem crazy.  The game will be very obscure when trying to determine what is real and what is a figment of the character's imagination.

The GM and the player begin play with equal control over many aspects of the setting.  Based on the outlandishness of the character's conspiracy theory, the balance of control will change.  Unrealistic theories such as alien abductions, vampires, etc grant more power to the GM as they are less likely to be true.  More reasonable theories such as government conspiracies, big buisness cover-ups, etc. grant more power to the player.  The sanity of the character also plays into the power distribution as characters with less of a grip on reality manage to find ways to prove their theories whether they make sense to anyone else or not.  This allows the player more control over how his character preceives the world.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on.

Any questions?  comments? Suggestions?

,Matt
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com