News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[PUNK] try some PUNK via IRC?

Started by DevP, October 08, 2004, 03:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b_bankhead

Quote from: DevOkay - Sunday night is then confirmed!

As for Monday night: if I'm gaming Sunday evening, I'm not 100% sure I'll be up for one again on Monday, esp. since I'm going to be rather busy this weekend. So, for Bryan + Shreyas (and Lathan, and anyone else who's game) , I say:
* we can do a pickup game (sign on to the IRC and see who's around)
* we can make a 100% definite time/date for a next time (and you should give me better days/times, like 9pm if that's better).

Well I can make a date a week in advance for mondays and of course there is the option of pickup games, I might be induced to run one of those myself, I'll compile a list of 'Punk ideas I like and post about it...
Got Art? Need Art? Check out
SENTINEL GRAPHICS  

Daniel Solis

I have revised the PUNK rules to incorporate Dev's suggestions and to streamline some of the mechanics.

The most notable change is "fixed" dice pools. Authority/anarchy can no longer be spent for +1 bonuses to die rolls. Further, having more relevant traits no longer gives you a larger dice pool.

Rather,
QuoteIf you have relevant Details and Passions, roll five dice. Such an action is referred to as a Passionate Action.

If you have a relevant Passion, but no relevant Details, roll three dice. This is also considered a Passionate Action

If you have a relevant Detail, but the action is contradictory or irrelevant to any Passion, you will get only one die. This is not considered a Passionate Action.

I suggest anyone wanting to play tonight or tomorrow night should give a quick read to the revised rules. Hopefully, the revisions have made the system tighter and easier to use.
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.

Lathan

I gave them a look... a bit confused about one thing in particular:

Quote from: the ManHere are some acronyms that might get your juices flowing for your Details:

- GUTS: Genre (style), Useful skill, Talent, Stuff (character-defining gear)
- FIST: Friend, Instinct, Style, Telltale
- SKIN: Skill, Knowledge, Instinct, eNemies

Are characters supposed to have one from each, or can we pick and choose at random?  And why is "style" in there twice (once as Genre)?

Gordon

Daniel Solis

Dev suggested those acronyms as methods to come up with details for people who need a little more structure than just "make up some details." There's no hard mechanical reasoning behind them, they're just a little framework.

I'll add that explanation to the text.

EDIT:

Here's the revised passage:
QuoteIf you want some structure to your details, here are some acronym schemes that may help you out. There's nothing mechanically concrete behind these schemes, they're just examples of how you may or may not want to describe your character's Details.

- GUTS: Genre, Useful skill, Talent, Stuff (character-defining gear)
- FIST: Friend, Instinct, Style, Telltale
- SKIN: Skill, Knowledge, Instinct, eNemies

As you can see, anything relevant to the character can be a Detail, from skills and talents to friends and enemies.

If this little section ends up making character creation more confusing, I'll just delete it. As I said, it's an optional framework.
¡El Luchacabra Vive!
-----------------------
Meatbot Massacre
Giant robot combat. No carbs.

Lathan

Ah, thanks for clarifying that.  I don't think I'll be using it (I might be wrong though...), but it could still be useful for others.

Gordon

DevP

Hey all,

I'm sorry I did not appear there tonight. I had Massive Personal Crisis Flareup, but that's not really an excuse. So, let me just apologize. Thanks.

dev

Ron Edwards

Hi folks,

From now on, let's keep all discussion of who's going to be there and anything related to that restricted to private communications.

Best,
Ron