News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Pitch Generator

Started by Valamir, February 22, 2002, 10:25:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valamir

Ok, anyone who enjoys The Pitch must now go to this web site and click multiple times...

http://www.rain-street.org/fightcrime.htm

A near infinite variety of random dumb pitches such as:
QuoteHe's a witless Jewish cowboy with acid for blood. She's a radical
Bolivian nun with an MBA from Harvard. They fight crime!

TSL

I forced my players in one of the last Feng Shui games I ran to run this site three times and pick their character concept from the six that were generated.

It was a lot of fun.

My favorite pitch yet:

He's a short-sighted ninja cowboy from a doomed world.  She's a manipulative tomboy fairy princess with the soul of a mighty warrior.  They fight crime!
TS
Servant of Mantorok since 1863
Rumpuncher - Nocturnal's Scribe

Clinton R. Nixon

He's a fast talking coffee-fuelled farmboy who dotes on his loving old ma. She's a supernatural antique-collecting cab driver with only herself to blame. They fight crime!

This site is the instant game generator.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Valamir

Feng Shui is perhaps the only game where you could generate characters that way and they WOULDN'T be completely bizarre :-)

Ron Edwards

Oh, I dunno ... every result I got suggested a different RPG to me.

He's a genetically engineered white trash senator possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a transdimensional wisecracking detective who don't take no shit from nobody. They fight crime! CHAMPIONS

He's a time-tossed playboy cat burglar fleeing from a secret government programme. She's a hard-bitten gold-digging barmaid looking for love in all the wrong places. They fight crime! UNKNOWN ARMIES

He's a jaded overambitious sorceror moving from town to town, helping folk in trouble. She's a plucky insomniac stripper from a different time and place. They fight crime! SORCERER

He's an ungodly flyboy hairdresser on a mission from God. She's a blind hypochondriac former first lady who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight crime! GURPS

He's a war-weary soccer-playing Green Beret with nothing left to lose. She's a ditzy goth safe cracker who can talk to animals. They fight crime! VAMPIRE

Hell, I think I even played a few of these at one point or another.

TSL

Actually, this whole thread got me to thinking there could be worse than a game specifically designed with a character generator built off a random pitch table...

Have to kick that one around for a while. :)

One last pitch (that kicked off a campaign for me):

He's a genetically engineered one-eyed gangster who knows the secret of the alien invasion. She's a cynical foul-mouthed research scientist with an evil twin sister.  They fight crime!
TS
Servant of Mantorok since 1863
Rumpuncher - Nocturnal's Scribe

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Ron Edwards
He's an ungodly flyboy hairdresser on a mission from God. She's a blind hypochondriac former first lady who dreams of becoming Elvis. They fight crime! GURPS

GURPS? Damn, man...not octaNe? For shame...Professor Edwards, for shame...
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Ron Edwards

OctaNe? Never heard of it. And I talked to my retailer, and he'd never heard of it either. So SOL to you, man, I only play real games.

Best,
Ron

(loud hyena-like laugh)

wyrdlyng

He's a leather-clad native American cop with no name. She's a manipulative nymphomaniac schoolgirl in the wrong place at the wrong time. They fight crime!

Is it just me or does this suggest a really bizarre hentai-action game? I'm surprised that no one's written this one up yet.

Man, I feel really dirty now.
Alex Hunter
Email | Web

Jürgen Mayer

Wow, what a cool random generator.

I don't know if this belongs here or if you already know about it, but WTF: another generator which is especially useful for parody superhero games like Stuperpowers! is "Lee's Useless Superhero Generator": http://home.hiwaay.net/~lkseitz/comics/herogen/

Jürgen Mayer
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com