News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Click-and-Lock improvements

Started by Vaxalon, March 29, 2005, 12:36:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaxalon

After playing Capes (and buying it) the other night, my wife and I have been thinking about improvements to the layout.  It's pretty... but it's really really hard to make them actually work on the table.  I just don't have time to go to all the trouble with the lamination and the sticky and all that.

We should be able to show you a new version of C&L with all the old content and interface, but a new implementation that will, I think, make the game a lot easier to handle, physically.  Easier to cut out, easier to attach to the character sheet, easier to read and easier to use.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

TonyLB

Larry Lade suggested, here, that you can group the styles together, three at top, two at bottom, and they're a lot easier to cut out.

Come to think of it, I should probably make an alternate version of the Full Sheets in the Click and Lock Flash, for people who want to make them easier to cut out, along those lines.

But if you've got an even better layout, sock it to me.  I find the three-over-two layout a bit... uninspiring, so I'm in the market for alternatives.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Vaxalon

It's an alternative to lamination and stickiness.  

I agree that the system needs to keep the "interlocking" layout, but all those curves are hard to cut out, so I'm eliminating them.  The "mesh" will be less literal.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Taimu

What I've been doing is simply printing on heavy paper, and if the extras character sheets in the flash program have a '.' in the numbers box, it doesn't cross it off, and it's easily covered by whichever number is written in there.  The bottom center on the third and fourth sheets can be left blank, as those don't cross off.  To make characters, just choose the left and right, fill in the sheets, and either leave three blank, or if you can't decide, just fill them all in and cross them off later.  For a group that is used to making full four page character sheets, those can be completed in a matter of minutes.  Very easily done.