News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

New to Alyria

Started by Yokiboy, April 26, 2005, 05:36:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yokiboy

I found this game a while back after reading Ron Edward's praise of it all over the place. I didn't actually read it until today, but must point out that I am very impressed!

I am about to read through your Dreaming out Loud articles now.

Add me to your list of sure sales.

TTFN,

Yoki

GreatWolf

I didn't get a lot sleep last night.  I was at work way too late (ah, the joys of working in IT), and then my youngest woke up at 4:00 a.m.  So, I'm tired.  Still, I decided that I needed to continue editing Alyria so that I can get the stupid thing finished.  There are any number of good excuses that I could use to justify delaying.  And, when I think about them, I'll haul out this post (among others) to give me the kick in the seat of the pants that I'll need.

So, thank you, and I hope to give you a reason to spend your money soon.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Yokiboy

Quote from: GreatWolfI didn't get a lot sleep last night.  I was at work way too late (ah, the joys of working in IT), and then my youngest woke up at 4:00 a.m.  So, I'm tired.  Still, I decided that I needed to continue editing Alyria so that I can get the stupid thing finished.  There are any number of good excuses that I could use to justify delaying.  And, when I think about them, I'll haul out this post (among others) to give me the kick in the seat of the pants that I'll need.

So, thank you, and I hope to give you a reason to spend your money soon.

Honestly, if you just flesh out your Story Map ideas and the other game preparations a bit I'll buy it in its current form. Perhaps a hostage plan ala Meatbot would work as a good encouragement to yourself? Although I think those guys had the game completed prior to launching that idea.

Your idea of starting by stating the conflict, then creating the major roles and the storymap is just beautiful! The players picking roles from this story map, creating them as their own characters and then coming up with a priming event (ala Sorcerer's Kickers) it's just so great! I love it!

Great game and I hope to see it published eventually.

TTFN,

Yoki

GreatWolf

Quote from: Yokiboy
Honestly, if you just flesh out your Story Map ideas and the other game preparations a bit I'll buy it in its current form.

I don't remember off-hand what was in the quickstart rules, but in the final manuscript I've dedicated an entire chapter to game preparation, going over precisely the issues that you described.  I just edited it yesterday, and I think that you will find it to be exactly what you are looking for.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Yokiboy

Quote from: GreatWolfI don't remember off-hand what was in the quickstart rules, but in the final manuscript I've dedicated an entire chapter to game preparation, going over precisely the issues that you described.  I just edited it yesterday, and I think that you will find it to be exactly what you are looking for.
So when will I be able to pay you for this work? Can I give you the money for the final release now, in order to see the current manuscript? A sort of pre-order for feedback deal.

TTFN,

Yoki

GreatWolf

A tempting offer, Yoki, but at this point, I think that I will simply get the text together and let you give me money when the book is ready.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games

Yokiboy

Quote from: GreatWolfA tempting offer, Yoki, but at this point, I think that I will simply get the text together and let you give me money when the book is ready.
Ready to let me give you my money yet? Anywhere I can find updates on your progress, personal blog, web site, etc.?

TTFN,

Yoki

GreatWolf

Due to the chaos of life and visiting relatives, I have not yet completed this.  Almost done, though.  I did post some text recently on my blog, but I don't know if it was already released or not.
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games