News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, July 17, 2005, 02:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew Morris

When I select "Show unread posts since last visit" I get a list of the unread posts. But, unlike before, once I have read a thread and click back to the list of unread posts, the one I just looked at is gone from the list. While this does make more sense for a list of unread posts than the old version, I'd gotten used to it, and actually prefer it.

Also, on the "unread posts" page, I usually have two pages listed, but when I click on the second page, it takes me back to the fist page, which no longer shows a second page.

On the main page, the green yin/yang vanishes if I just look in that forum, even if I don't read any of the threads.
Download: Unistat

John Harper

Awesome, Clinton! That fixed the font issue completely. Crystal clear and readable now. Thanks a lot.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

jrs

Yee-haw -- we can now search on hyphenated words! 

Julie

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: jrs on July 20, 2005, 12:36:38 AM
Yee-haw -- we can now search on hyphenated words! 

Julie

Oh, yeah, the new search rules. That was a major deciding factor on this software.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

jrs

Hey Clinton,

I noticed that I can no longer click on the large image of the Forge logo to go back to the main listing of forums.  No biggie, but it is something that I miss (and I keep clicking on the image with no response.)

Julie

Jack Aidley

Are the little 'new' icons working for other people? I get them next to every last topic.
- Jack Aidley, Great Ork Gods, Iron Game Chef (Fantasy): Chanter

Selene Tan

Quote from: Jack Aidley on July 20, 2005, 05:36:48 AM
Are the little 'new' icons working for other people? I get them next to every last topic.

I believe that's because of the move to the new forums -- every topic is "new" because the forum doesn't know you've seen it already. The "Mark as Read" button at the bottom of the main index page will mark every single thread as read, so they'll stop showing up as "new" unless they actually are.
RPG Theory Wiki
UeberDice - Dice rolls and distribution statistics with pretty graphs

Jack Aidley

Jack Aidley

Warren

Sorry about taking so long to reply, but yes, thank you for the font changes. It's still sans, but it's a lot more readable now

Thank you.

Lxndr

Clinton,

I seem to no longer be moderator of my company's forum.

Other than that, I'm slowly growing used to the new software.  I hate change, but it WORKS so much better.  ;)
Alexander Cherry, Twisted Confessions Game Design
Maker of many fine story-games!
Moderator of Indie Netgaming

Aaron M. Sturgill

I don't think this has been addressed already. . . . Any word on when the Resource Library will be up? I'm currently getting a 404.

Eric Provost

Has the link for bringing up the most recent unread topics been removed?  Or relocated and I can't find it? 

('cuz I really like that link!)

-Eric

Clinton R. Nixon

Quote from: Technocrat13 on July 21, 2005, 08:08:38 AM
Has the link for bringing up the most recent unread topics been removed?  Or relocated and I can't find it? 

('cuz I really like that link!)

-Eric

Top of the page:
Hey, X, you have 270 messages, 0 are new.
Total time logged in: 22 hours and 33 minutes.
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.
July 21, 2005, 07:20:30 AM
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

John Burdick

Using Mozilla with the prefer local color settings option I can't see the action buttons. (HOME HELP ... LOGOUT)

John