News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

MACE 2005 - High Point, NC

Started by seawolf69, August 25, 2005, 03:08:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seawolf69

just a quick post to make sure you are all aware of our little gaming con in High Point, North Carolinas

MACE 2005
November 11-13, 2005
High Point, NC
http://www.justusproductions.com/

North Carolina's best organized and fastest growing gaming con.  we have everything - RPGs, War games, computer games, LARps... you name it.

Family and gamer friendly.

Check us out.

Ron McClung
Gaming Coordinator
MACE 2005

Eric Provost

Well, as Mr McClung missed the sticky on posting here I'll pop in and soften the inapropriateness just a bit.

I've signed up with his orginization to run both DitV and tMW at his conventions, including the aforementioned MACE. 

At this point I intend on providing the players to these events with the character sheets and attached contact information to look up the designers of those games should they decide they're interested in buying.  I'm also considering going out of pocket to buy a couple more sets of Tim's nifty-kewl japanese dice as giveaways to the players of tMW.

I think I have a handle on presenting the games well.  It's my intention to get everything together and then playtest my setup on whichever gamers I can get to show to my house between now and then.

If Tim or Vincent or any allied people would be interested in having me present other giveaways or information, I'd be delighted to do so for them.

If anyone has any advice they'd like to offer to someone who's never actually run at a convention before I'd gladly accept that too.  But specific advice to the games I'm running and generic GMing for a con advice.

-Eric

p.s. to Tim;  I promise to do a better job presenting your game in the future than I did that night at the Suites.  Someday I'd love to chat with you on our mutual reflections on that session.

Luke

what's the deadline for submitting games?

Also, Andy and the rest of the NC gang, would you be interested in making this a gathering of sorts? I'll come out just to see you all. Brainstorm here.

-L

Eric Provost

QuoteI'll come out just to see you all.

Zoomy!

A Forgite gathering in the Carolinas!

-Eric

Andy Kitkowski

Quote from: abzu on August 25, 2005, 03:55:19 AM
Also, Andy and the rest of the NC gang, would you be interested in making this a gathering of sorts? I'll come out just to see you all. Brainstorm here.

No time to talk in depth until Sun. But I am so there that I haven't even left.

Just remember:

Dealer's Hall? Not so big. Most people come for the hardcore gaming. We could run a booth or something, but it would make no sense unless we were running a lot of games. And hanging out, lots of hanging out.

When you write out game descriptions, if you want players, don't emphasize the system at all. Instead, market it with a cool, short description, and always mention that the system is easy to grasp and that the game session is geared towards "new players/people unfamiliar with the system", etc.

Let's coordinate. I want to run something, but I also want to make sure not to schedule events all over that conflict with others so we never get a chance to hang out, etc.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Eric Provost

Good advice Andy.

I just finished ironing out my GMing schedule with Mr. McClung.

> Dogs in the Vineyard (Story A) - Friday 3 to 7
> The Mountain Witch - Saturday 9am to 1pm and Sat 1:30 to 5:30
> Dogs in the Vineyard (Story B) - Sunday 10am to 2

I'm actually expecting tMW to run about 6 hours (a guesstimate based upon half a game worth of play), so I'm expecting to be done by about 3:30 or so.  I'm taking on 4 players for each of the DitV sessions and 6 players for tMW.

I just realized I never got the deadline for submitting games.  I'll email Mr. McClung about it right away.

-Eric

Andrew Cooper

Hey, High Point is close to East Tennessee, I think.  I could come to that!

Woot!

Eric Provost

Okies.  With all the emails back and forth with Mr. McClung I finally remembered to ask about the submission deadlines.

Quote from: Ron McClungDeadlines for us are fairly flexible, but if he wants a hard deadline, then it depends on what tupe of games he wants to run.  If he wants his games open to preregistration, it would be best to get it in before Oct 14 or the 21 at the lastest.  If he doesn't care if people don't have a chance to prereg for his games, then he can get it to me before Nov 1.

There ya have it.

-Eric

btrc

Ron,
Would love to drop in and try and run a tourney for Infinite Armies, and I may have a playable version of the "design it while brain-fried on the way home from GenCon" game of the year as well (F*ck This! was one of those).

Greg Porter
BTRC

JamesDJIII

Every year I manage to miss this convention. With the growing number of indepedent games offered, I think I need to get there, no matter what... count me in. I would love to see some face-to-face Burning Wheel.

Eric Provost

I suspect that Mr McClung is not checking back here regularly, if at all.  I'd suggest that if you're interested in running something that you contact him via the GM application form at the website he linked.

-Eric

Clinton R. Nixon

Depending on the job situation (I'm trying to get a job in NC) I might be there. Awesome.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jason Morningstar

I just rearranged my yearly conference travel so that I could attend this.  It is shaping up to be a kick-ass Forge gathering.   Let's make it happen!  I'll run some stuff, too - Eric, you appear to be coordinating our offensive.

Clinton, what part of North Cackalack might you be moving to?  There's an indie game crew strung out from Raleigh to Greensboro...

--Jason

Andrew Norris

Oh hell, I'd better get in on this. (Hi folks! Durham resident here.)

Emily Care told me there's a bunch of Forge folks coming, and if Clinton might be there as well, no way am I missing it.

Adam Dray

I'm gonna do what I can to get to this, too. Anyone interested in room-sharing?

I feel comfortable running MLwM and I am always happy to run Verge for people after hours.
Adam Dray / adam@legendary.org
Verge -- cyberpunk role-playing on the brink
FoundryMUSH - indie chat and play at foundry.legendary.org 7777