News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

The Damned Isle - Free web based MMORPG

Started by Hatamalophep, September 11, 2005, 05:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hatamalophep

Hi - i'm currently recruiting members for my web based RPG - it's free and beenin dev for just shy of a year so is pettys olid, and is always having new features added.

The Damned Isle is a fantasy adventure RPG MMORPG (multiplayer online game), where you can choose from 12 different character types, from a Rat to an Orc, each with their own progression and skills.

Advance your character's power and skills by taking part in quests, fighting Holy wars for your God, and exploring the massive realms!

The Damned Isle is 100% web based and uses a simple point and click interface to play, with a set number of turns per day.

Click on the image below to sign up!

daMoose_Neo

Ullo and welcome!
Few courtesy notes about the Forge:

A) Good call, this particular forum is the place to hit when looking for assistance, artists, players etc.
B) Images, though, are a big no. Easier and quicker on everyone not to have to deal with a dozen and one images loading up on a post. Granted that isn't your post, but thems the rules.
C) The Forge is mostly tabletop gaming. I'm afraid you won't find much support for online gaming here, though there are few buffs who are into it.

Now then, if you'd like to talk about the system, how the game is played, observances about play patterns, etc. this is the greatest place in the world to be.
Nate Petersen / daMoose
Neo Productions Unlimited! Publisher of Final Twilight card game, Imp Game RPG, and more titles to come!

Vaxalon

Good post, Neo.  Unfortunately, the poster is merely posting an advertisement and won't be back.
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

Hatamalophep

That's what you think, Vaxalon !

Ok, so i'm advertising, but hey, it's for a free product so morally i'm ok. For now, anyway. This is just a hobby thing I do in my spare time, and want more than just my mates playing.

But any place which is interested in me, i'm interested right back. I know where site visitors come from, and so if the Forge users dig my thing, i'm more likely to talk to them. So it's a 2 way process. So thanks to daMoose_Neo for the welcome.

As the Governor of CA said: "I'll be back"

greyorm

Quote from: Hatamalophep on September 13, 2005, 03:24:49 PMOk, so i'm advertising, but hey, it's for a free product so morally i'm ok.

I realize this was not up when you first posted, so please make note of this forum section's sticky "Using this Forum": product advertising is not allowed.

If you really do want some playtesters, though, why not hop on over to Indie Design and tell us what your game is like and what you are attempting to accomplish with it? Specifically any areas you are having difficulty implementing (because it isn't an advertising venue, either -- only for actual game development).

And welcome to the Forge!
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Ron Edwards

Nate and Raven, thanks for trying. Fred, let me do the moderating, although I do appreciate the effort.

"Hatamalophep," I'm the Forge content moderator. I suggest you pay attention now.

Never, ever take that snotty-ass tone here. You are to be courteous to every single person in this forum. This is not the internet. This is its own place, with its own rules.

There is no further discussion to be held in this thread. Post new threads with discussion topics.

Best,
Ron

Hatamalophep

Quote from: Ron Edwards on September 13, 2005, 09:00:26 PM
"Hatamalophep," I'm the Forge content moderator. I suggest you pay attention now.

Hatamalophep sits up and pays attention. This is a big deal for a god capable of hurling islands around his world, especially with his gammy back.

Quote from: Ron Edwards on September 13, 2005, 09:00:26 PM
Never, ever take that snotty-ass tone here. You are to be courteous to every single person in this forum. This is not the internet. This is its own place, with its own rules.

Regrettably I have no idea what you mean by my 'snotty-ass tone' and had no intentions one being rude to anyone. However, being British, i'll apologize anyway.

If the post about 'no advertising' had pre-existed my thread, I would have requested permission to post. I'm not a bad guy, and I certainly don't want to alienate the people I want to come play with me. I understand alot of forums get spammed to death, and I do my best to be considerate of them as possible.

So, sorry if I hacked anyone off. I was just looking for some people to play on my site.

H

Ron Edwards

Right ... let's get some more things clarified, then.

1. When I close a thread, no one posts to it again. So this one ends here.

2. Apologizing isn't the issue. You're not in trouble. You haven't sinned.

3. You're certainly welcome to start new threads and interact in others' threads.

Maybe some folks will come by and check out your site. What matters to me is how you'll interact here. If "all you want" really is for people to go to your place, then you need to advertise elsewhere. We have stuff to do here, and you're welcome to join in if you'd like.

Best,
Ron