News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Boffer LARP design okay?

Started by Jake Boone, September 28, 2005, 07:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jake Boone

I've got a boffer LARP design about two-thirds finished, and I would love to get some input from the Forge community.  Is it kosher to post a LARP design in the Indie Game Design forum, or is it for tabletop stuff only (the sticky policy post could be read either way)?

Thanks!

-- Jake

Ron Edwards

Hi Jake,

I try to be fairly lenient regarding the limits of "role-playing" at the Forge, but I have to admit, boffer LARP is stretching it ... tell you what, go ahead and post, but do your best to focus the discussion very carefully toward features that could be of more general benefit. Find stuff which makes sense to deal with both for your game and for others, either by similarity or (likely) by direct and interesting contrast.

Best,
Ron

Andrew Morris

Welcome to the Forge, Jake!

I know that there are a few LARPers on these forums, and I'm one of them. I'd certainly be interested in hearing about your design, specifically what your social/role-playing/design goals were, and how you've addressed them.
Download: Unistat

rrr

Hi Jake.

I LARP quite a bit, although in the UK of course. (UK LARP tends to stand somewhere between the "boffer LARP" of the US and the heavily immersionist scandinavian scene)

I'm certainly interested in seeing your design.  I think personally that the Forge could do with more LARP related stuff.  (sidenote, I'll be posting a LARP actual play soon, when I have time to finish it)

Drew
My name is Drew
I live just outside north London, UK
Here's my 24hours Ronnies entry: Vendetta

Ron Edwards

Hey guys,

This isn't an "announce your LARPiness" thread. Jake has his answer, and we'll all now look forward to whatever threads he'd like to start, or whatever threads anyone else wants to start.

No need for further posting here.

Best,
Ron