News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Any progress on selling Click-n-locks?

Started by dunlaing, October 04, 2005, 01:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunlaing

I noticed that there was an old thread from April about using a die to cut them out and sell them in which Tony remarked about how if he could find one, he might be able to sell the click and locks. I'd buy them (for the right price)

TonyLB

I've got custom dies, and a brand-spanking-new die-press is in the postal system on its way toward me.

I have a planned production process, but until all of the equipment is here those plans are just hot air.  When the press arrives, I should be able to speak more definitely about the process, and get a price established.

Because the repositionable adhesive is (in my current method) pretty pricey stuff, the final product may end up being slightly more expensive than the rule-book.  Which is, yeah, more than a little ridiculous.  But I would like to at least break even on the sets, and hopefully make a little bit of profit.  Again, I'll have a more realistic sense of what actual production costs are when I can get into actual production.  I hope to be able to use material efficiently and buy in bulk, to bring that price down.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Andrew Morris

I don't know if I'd worry too much about the cost of the accessories being more than the cost of the product. I mean, you've got people out there with $100 sets of dice, fer crying out loud. People regularly spend more on costuming for LARPs than they do for the gaming books themselves. Heck, I spent about $30 on metal coins, stone coin bowls, and other bits and bobs for Universalis play, and the Uni book cost me half that.
Download: Unistat

dunlaing

More than the book for one set might be a little much, since you'd want four sets I would think (in case four characters want to be Scrappy Kids). At least, I would want that many. Which would push the price to $80.

dunlaing

Tony:

If you can get them done in time, I will tell my wife to buy me a set for my birthday (Oct 24th).