News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Basic V, taking that D100 and making use of it. Video game to PNP Emulator

Started by DarkForcePrime, November 11, 2005, 02:18:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkForcePrime

It's been a while since I have been on here. Last time I was pimping The Basic System v2 I think. This year at I-Con people actual knew who I was and what TBS was. That was a bit scary indeed. But it also made me feel a bit better about my work.

This year I designed Basic V. It was originally going to be a TBSv4, but I decided that TBSv3 was a good stopping point. I took my notes and created up Basic V: Video game to PnP emutalor.

I thought that players should be rewarded for Education. That means players who school get higher levels. Cool idea and not new to gaming. I also broke things down to lots of 5. So Primary stats are created in groups of 5. Skills are bought in groups of 5. Damage is dealt in groups of 5. I took the Age rule from TBS and worked it a bit. It gave Basic V some cool bonuses for being old in the skill department.

The big thing that Basic V offers is the d100 roll under rule. Players take their Primary stat number+Skill rank and must roll under that. For each 5 levels in a skill players get diamonds that may be used to reduce the final roll. So if Bob is going to shoot a light he takes his AGI (15)+Pistol (40)=55. He needs to roll under a 60 at least to hit the light. Because his Action number is low he decides to put in 15 points of diamonds to lower his roll. So the d100 is rolled and he gets a 70. So the final result is a 55. He JUST hits the light.

Against other attackers it becomes more of a bidding game.

Damage and armor works out about the same as TBS.

Here is the link to the page with more info.

http://dillygreenbeangames.com/BasicV.html

Curious as to thoughts by my peers. There are currently 3 PDFs available using Basic V at RPG Edge.