News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

beautiful book!

Started by Particle_Man, November 14, 2005, 09:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Particle_Man

I finally got Dogs in the Vinyard (Canada has this weird timewarp when it comes to accepting games from the USA, but I am getting used to that and will content myself with the image of Canadian Customs officials burning in eternal torment) and just wanted to say that it is a beautiful book.  I hope to get a chance to look at it more thoroughly when I get free time in January.  Also, I appreciate Lumpley's patience with me on my earlier post and will hope to continue that conversation in January as well.

Vaxalon

I wonder how hard it would be to take the pages from my copy, and have them re-bound in a leather cover...
"In our game the other night, Joshua's character came in as an improvised thing, but he was crap so he only contributed a d4!"
                                     --Vincent Baker

IMAGinES

Quote from: Particle_Man on November 14, 2005, 09:21:37 PM
Canada has this weird timewarp when it comes to accepting games from the USA, but I am getting used to that and will content myself with the image of Canadian Customs officials burning in eternal torment

They probably read and played it a few times.
Always Plenty of Time!

Iskander

Quote from: Vaxalon on November 14, 2005, 09:23:26 PM
I wonder how hard it would be to take the pages from my copy, and have them re-bound in a leather cover...

Like this, but use leather in step 6.
Winning gives birth to hostility.
Losing, one lies down in pain.
The calmed lie down with ease,
having set winning & losing aside.

- Samyutta Nikaya III, 14

Parsolamew

Quote from: Vaxalon on November 14, 2005, 09:23:26 PM

And here was me, just looking for a(nother) new hobby.

_I_ wonder how hard it would be to emboss a tree onto some nice black/darkbrown veggie-tanned leather.  Gotta get as much of the Holy Book Look as you can, right?

More news as progress warrants.

Transit

Quote from: Parsolamew on November 18, 2005, 01:21:27 PM

_I_ wonder how hard it would be to emboss a tree onto some nice black/darkbrown veggie-tanned leather.  Gotta get as much of the Holy Book Look as you can, right?

You mean something like this?

Parsolamew

Quote from: Transit on November 18, 2005, 04:03:31 PM
You mean something like this?

A -bit- more understated than that, but quite so, yes.  The link gives few clues; where'd you find it?

Transit

Quote from: Parsolamew on November 18, 2005, 06:01:54 PM
A -bit- more understated than that, but quite so, yes.  The link gives few clues; where'd you find it?

In a previous thread (http://www.indie-rpgs.com/forum/index.php?topic=17439.0) someone had posted the pic with a link to the New York Public Library Giftshop: http://www.thelibraryshop.org/toolleatjour.html

I tracked down the original manufacturer here: http://www.gaelsong.com/gcart/index.cfm?page=_ProductDetails&ProductId=C1406

Slightly cheaper than the giftshop, but still not cheap.  Still, I might be unable to resist buying it to use as a cover for my DITV rules.

Parsolamew

Yeah, I've got this nasty bug under my skin which makes me attempt all Projects Of Craft as handmade as possible, first go. 

I've got this idea in my head that'll be fomenting for some time.

Which reminds me: Hey Vincent, would it anger you in any way if I reprinted my copy of Dogs on thicker, rough-cut paper to rebind?  Figured I should ask before I go getting my footprints all over your work.

lumpley

ANGER!

I'm just kidding.

After you make one, if you feel like maybe making a second, let me know what you'd charge me for parts and labor.

-Vincent

Joshua A.C. Newman

Well, it sure makes me angry.
the glyphpress's games are Shock: Social Science Fiction and Under the Bed.

I design books like Dogs in the Vineyard and The Mountain Witch.