News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

I-Con '06

Started by TonyLB, March 21, 2006, 04:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyLB

I-Con 25.  Stonybrook.  This weekend (Mar. 24 - 26).

I'll be there.  I'll (apparently) be somewhere in the dealer's room, with piles and piles of indie goodness, not just Capes.  This is very much your chance to stock up.

I'll also be running the famed ten minute demoes, hopefully a new ten minute demo based around a deadly Iron Chef cooking competition, the competitive Capes tournament (with new and improved scoring system) and a first try at Capes Universe.  All in all it will be a very experimental convention for me.  If you're coming we should try to meet up.  I love putting faces to screen-names.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

TonyLB

Okay, I'm as good as on my way to the convention now.  Got to sleep, then out the door.  You won't hear from me, on any posts, until monday.  Be good!

Matthew Glover

The tepid (and frequently uncomprehending) response that I got with my own Capes Universe attempt today has me itching to hear how it went at I-Con.  I'm looking forward to a report.

TonyLB

I-Con was not a good test-case.  I'm really tired right now, and I don't want to come across as bashing on the convention, so all I'll say is that their convention model does not create the sort of cozy, charged atmosphere where such an idea can spread by word of mouth.  I'll have to give it a try at DexCon instead.

Nathan P.

Dude. You need to post Death Stakes soon.

Something else cool about Death Stakes - you can totally play it online, play-by-post stylee. You just need to start each GM post with a rolly-eyes smily.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Mayuran

i have nothing to say about Death Stakes.

good hanging out with y'all at the booth. i expect each of you to grow a moustache before the next con.

mayuran

Nathan P.

That is truly 110% right there.

"My arms buckle under his incredible muscle and he stabs me in the face."

"Aaactually, your friend comes in and grabs his arm with a shirt, and then you both kick him in the stomach a couple of times."

But yes. I had a great time at the Con, despite the "convention model" as Tony puts it. DexCon, I expect, will be even more awesome.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters