News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Critique my Exemplar!

Started by Matthew Glover, March 26, 2006, 12:00:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ville Vicious

Characters:
I'm playing an older but wiser character named Sheriff who has a troubled relationship with his ex-sidekick. He was formerly known as Deputy(I haven't come up with the current name yet).Sheriff is a brain over brawn gadgeteer and Deputy is more action oriented martial artist.

Root of the conflict:
During a case couple of years ago Deputy was captured by a criminal and horribly tortured before Sheriff could save him.( I think this will make a great flashback scene) This failure has haunted Sheriff since then(think Batman after Death in the family).Deputy on the other hand blaims Sheriff for his ordeal and moved to another part of city/left town to start on his own trusting nobody but himself.

So I'm thinking Deputy is duty exemplar because he represents Sheriffs greates failure. Only decent free conflict I've come up with is: Event: Old wounds are re-opened.

So what do you think? Also other conflict ideas would be nice because I'm not quite satisfied with an event as the conflict. I think a goal as the conflict would be stronger and more emotionally involving.

TonyLB

Goal:  Deputy blames Sherrif for his current problems.
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Zamiel

Quote from: TonyLB on April 13, 2006, 12:11:10 AM

Goal: Sherrif convinces Deputy of his innocence of today's issue.

Event: Deputy puts the blame on Sherrif.

Goal: Deputy shames Sherrif.

Event: Deputy sabotages Sherrif.

All sorts of evil fun can come of this.
Blogger, game analyst, autonomous agent architecture engineer.
Capes: This Present Darkness, Dragonstaff

Hans

Quote from: TonyLB on April 13, 2006, 12:11:10 AM

Event: Deputy looses his bullet, again.

"Now, you wait right there while I get my bullet..."
* Want to know what your fair share of paying to feed the hungry is? http://www3.sympatico.ca/hans_messersmith/World_Hunger_Fair_Share_Number.htm
* Want to know what games I like? http://www.boardgamegeek.com/user/skalchemist

Matthew Glover

I'm really digging the ex-sidekick vibe.  I've spun up a few ideas for conflicts, but none of them top Tony's suggestion.