News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest

Started by Matt Snyder, April 04, 2006, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayuran

Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on April 04, 2006, 04:23:35 PM
Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 04, 2006, 04:18:52 PM
You're my bitch Thor.  I've been away at a Jungle Speed monastery learning from the masters by snatching pebbles from their hands.  I am ready for you and your paltry Norwegian skills.

This time, you'll break more than your dice.

he's talking about the re-discovered "cock punch" rules from the original European version.

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: mtiru on April 04, 2006, 05:03:41 PM
Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on April 04, 2006, 04:23:35 PM
Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 04, 2006, 04:18:52 PM
You're my bitch Thor.  I've been away at a Jungle Speed monastery learning from the masters by snatching pebbles from their hands.  I am ready for you and your paltry Norwegian skills.

This time, you'll break more than your dice.

he's talking about the re-discovered "cock punch" rules from the original European version.

I'm still sore from being abused the last time by those "special" rules...
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Andy Kitkowski

Keith: You bringing Jungle Speed? Because I want to play.

John H: Hey man, Stranger Things is all you. I've gotten to the ridiculous point in my "playtesting upcoming games" swing that I realized I had to back down a bit: So from now on, I'm only going to be playtesting stuff where I get at least the first session run for me by the designer (as I'm much more tactile-kinesthetic and visual than audial(reader) type). But yeah, I'm all over it. In fact, I may try to bring in my Favorite Stranger into your game, as she was the only character (and no backstory even!) where I was like, "I'd pay $40 for a character sketch of this character", and a lot of that is due to the character generation of the game.

I will be bringing a 0.6.2R1 version of The Ghost Killers, too. If anyone here has played Rafael Chandler's DREAD, it's a lot like that, but way more playable, and not nearly as awesome game fiction (damn, that boy could write). Plus, it has project management-style resource allocation mechanics. I'm effectively rewriting a good portion of it over the next two nights.

-Andy
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Blankshield

I'm totally stoked to see faces from Gencon and new faces, and actually PLAY some fucking games... I was so sick and doped up that I ended up opting for sleep every damn night.

I wants to run me some Dogs, and play me some... something.  Anything.  I'll be pleased beyond imagining if someone does a blind test of Blood and Bronze for me, and if I get guinea pigs lined up, I'll see how broken the current state of Reality Cops is.

I'll also (if I think to pester Ben for the current rev.) run Bliss Stage, 'cause it rocks on toast.

James

I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Keith Senkowski

I carry Jungle Speed in my briefcase just in case, so yes Andy I will have it...
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Ben Lehman

I'm sad I can't be there, but I'm psyched that John Harper is bringing Anima Hunters Combat.  I really want to see some folk THROW DOWN with that shit.

yrs--
--Ben

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 04, 2006, 07:41:27 PM
I carry Jungle Speed in my briefcase just in case, so yes Andy I will have it...

But he carries the totem in his pants, wrapped in tinfoil, like a modern-day Derek Smalls.

Things I'm excited about:

Seeing people I ain't seen hide nor hair of in many months. Like Montana, whom I ain't seen in over a year now.

Game talk with the rock stars.

Getting the hell out of Milwaukee for a few days.

Playing cool games.

"Whose birthday is it? Somevun gets a schpanking!"