News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest

Started by Matt Snyder, April 04, 2006, 02:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

MAN, I had no idea the Midwest gig and the Forge birthday coincided. Awesome.

I hereby declare this the thread to go nutso planning and spooing oneself for this weekend. Tell us why you're excited, who you can't wait to see, what you want to play, and what secret project you'll stay up late conspiring with others on.

I'm so excited I can't even begin to explain. I've been looking forward to this for a very long time now.

I'm really pumped to play:

Lacuna (the new bag)
Dust Devils (perhaps even in an alternate setting? Or not. I'm good either way).
And just about anything I can think of (Mountain Witch, Galactic, Conspiracy of Shadows: Apocalypse, Sorcerer, Dogs in the Vineyard, PTA, My Life With Master, Nine Worlds, and on and on. I'm forgetting some, no doubt.)

I'm really excited to see anyone and everyone. It's been fun hearing feedback and RSVPs from faces old and new. My roomies and I should be a hoot (Andy K, Jared, and Clinton). I doubt I'll get any sleep, and I'm a sleep whore. Oh well.

And, I plan on talking up some 44 design with John Harper and anyone else who'll listen. I also plan to chat it up with Clinton about Dreamspire.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Matt Snyder

Oh yeah! Since food est verboten in the meeting rooms, I'm hoping to bring a hoard of bottled water and if Mrs. Snyder is REALLY nice some baked yummies, including my favorite church basement food (and yours) -- Scotcheroos. That's peanut butter rice krispie treats with chocolate/butterscotch topping to you non-Midwesterners (non-Iowans?). Hopefully, more goodies as well. Feel free to pitch in, folks. Roomies, you'd better be ok with that. I have a suspicion you will be with the right bribes.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Thunder_God

Guy Shalev.

Cranium Rats Central, looking for playtesters for my various games.
CSI Games, my RPG Blog and Project. Last Updated on: January 29th 2010

Matt Snyder

Whoops, crossed signals there. Clinton had one time discussed coming this weekend, but in fact is not.

Galactic is Matt "Mike TV" Wilson's space RPG awesomeness. He'll be releasing it later this year, I THINK. It's in development, and I believe has been playtested at a similar meetup in California, if not elsewhere as well.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

--Yogi Berra

Ron Edwards

Just 'cause I want credit. Forge Midwest originated in post-GenCon conversations among me, Ralph, and Matt last year, with some contributions from Luke and Vincent. So there.

Best, Ron

Keith Senkowski

I shall take credit for badgering Snyder to get the fucking ball rolling.
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Kesher

Keith, are you gonna run CoS?  'cause I'd love to play it.

Aaron

Keith Senkowski

Aaron,

I will have Blood Opera with me to run, so yeah I'll run the bitch.  Unfortunately I don't think I will have the Mutiny scenario ready by then.  Figuring out how to get the demon parrot to jive with everything else is harder than it looks...
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.

chris_moore

My friends Jason, Kelli, Michael and I are so excited to go to a con where we want to play ALL the games...
Michael and I recently met Matt in Iowa City and played his awesome Nine Worlds.  Thanks for the great session, Matt!
We are out of our minds to actually play the games we've heard about / read about, etc.  You'll recognize me in the bar as the guy who's trying not to look spastically enthused.

See you all there,
Chris Moore
Iowa Indie Gamers!

Thor Olavsrud

I'm salivating at the prospect of further humiliating sen(k)owski at jungle speed.

greyorm

I plan on running a demo of "Expendable" -- even though it is terribly broken right now (design post coming up), just to see how what I do have works out.

I also want to run Orx, damnit, but I don't have a copy of the game off-hand -- I need a copy because I can't keep all the rules in my head. "But, Raven," you say, "YOU wrote the game. " Yes, yes I did. I'm also the guy who spent 15 years (I kid you not) trying to remember if old D&D's saving throws were roll under or roll over. It was so bad it became a running joke in my group.

I'm psyched because I'll finally be able to play some fucking indie games -- hell, any games at all! Because I haven't played anything in FOUR months. My life consists of work and children -- and anyone who has seen the details of my schedule can understand why that is. Thus, I plan to completely flipping game overload on the weekend. I want to be a twitching, euphorically game-addicted wreck at its end.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

John Harper

I will be running Stranger Things. Maybe Andy will run it, too.

I'm also bringing a few printouts of my TSOY one-shot, Freebooters, complete with pre-gens and Story Guide material. Anyone stuck without a game to run or play can snag one from me. Be sure to bring your copy of TSOY.

I can't wait to meet all of you. Honestly, I'm more excited about hanging out and having some good face-to-face design talk than I am about playing games. HOWEVER! I must play Galactic and Nine Worlds. Must.

Oh! And I'm bringing Ben Lehman's Anima Hunters to play during any 15-minute downtimes. I will destroy all challengers.

Also: Bourbon. Who is with me?
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

Keith Senkowski

You're my bitch Thor.  I've been away at a Jungle Speed monastery learning from the masters by snatching pebbles from their hands.  I am ready for you and your paltry Norwegian skills.

Thor Olavsrud

Quote from: Keith Senkowski on April 04, 2006, 04:18:52 PM
You're my bitch Thor.  I've been away at a Jungle Speed monastery learning from the masters by snatching pebbles from their hands.  I am ready for you and your paltry Norwegian skills.

This time, you'll break more than your dice.

Keith Senkowski

Quote from: Thor Olavsrud on April 04, 2006, 04:23:35 PM
This time, you'll break more than your dice.

Yes I shall watch your soul shatter as I consitantly take the totem from you, leaving you an emotional wreck.