News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Come as you are: The Revenge!

Started by John Harper, April 04, 2006, 08:31:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Harper

Same as always: Film. Book. Game. Your last of each. Aw heck, I'll add a new one: Good Meal and/or Drink.

Film: V for Vendetta (excellent)
Book: Latro in the Mist, Gene Wolfe (excellent)
Game: TSOY: Freebooters
Good Meal: Honest-to-god Chicken Fried Steak at the Blue Onion. Almost covered the plate. This is a rare find in Seattle.
Good Drink: The perfect Maker's Mark Manhattan, at Sambar.
Agon: An ancient Greek RPG. Prove the glory of your name!

joshua neff

Film: Peter Jackson's King Kong on DVD. (I can't remember the last time I went to the theater.)
Book: The Living Shadow, the first story of The Shadow. I'm currently reading Carter Beats the Devil and it's damn good.
Game: Wild Talents. The people I played with were great. The game itself? Didn't really do it for me.
Good meal: I made tuna noodle casserole last night and it was quite good. My daughter had three helpings, and she usually doesn't even have seconds at a meal, so it must've been halfway decent.
Good drink: KC Roasterie coffee is very good. I had some this morning.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

talysman

I have caveats for a couple of these.

Film: (at the cinema) King Kong;
Film: (on a machine at home) Pi
Book: (finished) Al Franken's The Truth (With Jokes);
Book: (still reading) Mircea Eliade's History of Religious Ideas
Game: (played with others) Burning Wheel
Good Meal: spaghetti in brown butter with mizithra
Good Drink: this V-8 I'm drinking right now
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

joshua neff

It just occured to me: the last RPG I played was Wild Talents, but the last game I played was Pirate's Cove, and it rocked.
--josh

"You can't ignore a rain of toads!"--Mike Holmes

Troy_Costisick

Heya,

Film: Run Lola, Run
Book: The Farie Queen, Book 1
Game: The Holmes and Watson Committee
Good Meal: My wife's home made Moroccan Beef
Good Drink: A Pint of Guiness at the Jazz Factory in Louisville, KY

Peace,

-Troy

Jeph

Film: Fuck films. I just saw Wicked at the Oriental in Chicago.
Book: Ceremony, by Leslie Marmon Silko, for school.
Game: A homebrew I'm calling Sefer for now
Meal: The last really good meal that I actually remember anything about was, like, four months ago, at this Korean dumpling place in NYC. I've probably -- definitely -- had good food since then, but I don't recollect it, so it can't really count then, can it? No it can't.
Jeffrey S. Schecter: Pagoda / Other

talysman

Quote from: Troy_Costisick on April 04, 2006, 09:04:58 PM
Good Meal: My wife's home made Moroccan Beef
Your wife's home made some Moroccan Beef for you? Damn, that's one clever home!

=}
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

Judd

Film: Miller's Crossing
Book: The first Earthsea book (been juggling a few different books since finishing that one)
Game: Sorcerer
Good Meal: chicken and veggies
Good Drink: I'm not much of a drinker.  I had a nice hard cider a few weeks ago that hit the spot.

Ron Edwards

Film: Thank You For Smoking
Book: (trilogy, re-read) The Man Called Kyril, A View from the Square, Nocturne for the General, by Robert Trenhaile
Game: City of Brass
Good Meal: Chimichangas
Good Drink: Irish Cocktail (irish whiskey, some chartreuse, teeny bit of creme de menthe, green olive)

Eric J-D

Film: Shakespeare in Love (which sets up the next one)

Book: The Drama of Landscape: Land, Property, and Social Relations on the Early Modern Stage (hey, I'm working on my dissertation, whadda ya want?!?), but for fun I then re-read "Queen of the Black Coast" and books 22-24 of Homer's Iliad.

Game: The Bard Game (by Uberplay I think) a really fun board game that my daughter loves, loves, loves.

Good Meal: I can't remember the name of the dish but it was a lamb curry at a delicious Afghani restaurant near me.

Drink: Ravenswood Zinfandel

Matt Snyder

Film: Walk the Line. Not all it was hyped to be by everyone I know. But, not bad either.
Book: Lacuna (second attempt) ;)
Game: Nine Worlds skype game session 6, last Wednesday.
Good Meal: Easy. Tonight Canada cooked supper -- some fine BBQ chicken, mediterranean vegetables and rolls.
Good Drink: Good lord, I dunno. Harp bottle was a poor excuse for draft on St. Patty's day, but it was still good.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Matt Wilson

Film: V for Vendetta -- I agree with John
Book: A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man
Game: Conspiracy of Shadows
Good Meal: Meredith made this pizza with feta crumbles and pesto blobs and tomatoes. Oh, man...
Good Drink: A bottle of New Glarus Spotted Cow.

Andy Kitkowski

This is going to look lame, but...

Film: Hana Yori Dango (live version)
Book: Yuki-Pon No Oshigoto
Game: Oblivion.*
Game (RPG): Shock: Social Science Fiction
Game (analog): Memoir 44
Good Meal: Pasta dumplings with pear and gorgonzoa, with spinach/walnut raviolli, at Vespa in Cary. Other than that, every goddamn meal my wife makes. For real. Her cooking is so good it once killed a guy.
Good Drink: Homemade ice coffee, mixed with a little vanilla and soymilk.

* There was a moment where I thought it was the world's first Narrativist computer RPG. Those of you who have played it, go through the Assassin's Guild missions and you'll know.
The Story Games Community - It's like RPGNet for small press games and new play styles.

Keith Senkowski

Film: Good Night and Good Luck
Book: The Assassin's Gate: America in Iraq
Game: Conspiracy of Shadows: Pirates
Good Meal: Kabul House
Good Drink: Guinness
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Joel P. Shempert

Movie: V for Vendetta (great film, but some serious flaws)
Book: American Gods by Niel Gaiman (super yarn, great balance between the humorous and creepy, awesome characters)
Game: Well, darn, a week earlier and I could have said PTA and sounded like a real Forgite. :) But actually, Big Eyes Small Mouth in a fantasy setting. (It's a campaign that was on hiatus for like a year, I had a hard time revving up the engine. ALso I think my frustration with the group's playing style is starting to show through.)
Meal: Had the Burrito Relleno at Mazatlan last week. The thing's like a huge tasty brick, and made good leftovers for the next day.
Drink: Had a nice glass of MacTarnahan's Ale at McCool's Irish Pub, on St. Pats, which is my Birthday. the factors mentioned (plus the drinking songs) made it taste all the better. Before that, an Irish Car Bomb (shot of whiskey and Irish Cream dropped into a glass of Guinness, then drained on the spot) at Kells Irish Pub, on someone else's birthday.
Story by the Throat! Relentlessly pursuing story in roleplaying, art and life.