Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 04:15:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 73 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Author Topic: Fuck poetry ...  (Read 18145 times)
Meguey

Meguey

« Reply #45 on: April 09, 2006, 04:52:42 AM »

Janis Joplin, yes!  Notice it's actually Big Brother and The Holding Company or the Full Tilt Boggie Band, so I think claiming a *band member* is ok for a person merely working on a game. Either Janis Joplin or Jackie McShee.
Ron Edwards
Global Moderator

« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2006, 07:00:58 PM »

Ron isn't Ian Anderson (a link I don't understand...) He's Lou Reed, and Sorcerer is Velvet Underground.

Yay-up. Zactly.
MPOSullivan

« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2006, 07:49:29 PM »

If you're going to do it that way, then Ron isn't Ian Anderson (a link I don't understand...) He's Lou Reed, and Sorcerer is Velvet Underground.

I always saw Sorcerer as more of an Iggy and the Stooges "Raw Power" sort of thing.  Referencing all of the earlier stuff, just like Pop did, but very much vibing on it's own and showing people how it can be done differently.  Setting the stage for the coming of punk and just having a bunch of drunken, dirty fun.  Maybe less with the smearing peanut butter on yourself/stabbing yourself with broken bottles on stage sort of thing though. 

As for me, I just want to be Greg Dulli when I grow up. 

Michael P. O'Sullivan
--------------------------------------------
Criminal Element
Desperate People, Desperate Deeds
available at Fullmotor Productions
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Print
Jump to: