News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Booth '06 for Game Designers

Started by Luke, May 09, 2006, 06:09:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke

The primary sponsors for this year's Forge booth are: Adept Press (Ron/Sorcerer), Lumpley Games (Vincent/Dogs), Timfire (Tim/Mountain Witch) and Burning Wheel (Luke/BW).

The booth is a 4-booth penninsula and is being co-supported by IPR and Wicked Dead. Those two companies will have their own separate areas on the pennisula. The Forge booth will consist of its own end-cap as it has in the past, but without the shelves and retail area. All sales at the Forge booth proper will be handled by IPR. IPR will take a cut of your sales. All members of the Forge booth will be sternly lectured this year on salesmanship, enthusiasm, cross-promotion and hygeine. Probably by me. Fun, eh? I am determined that every customer walk away from our booth with something positive. We are a force for good. There is no reason folks shouldn't leave thinking that.

If you have any doubts or reservations about the above, please reconsider your membership to our booth this year. I'm not trying to be a dick; I'm being honest. So should you.

Buy-Ins
First year members of the Forge booth may buy-in for $100. You must also buy your badge for another $60. Any helper badges should be bought on your own as regular attendees. First year members may sell one game product at the booth. First year members are not guaranteed signage space. First year members are guaranteed prominent display space at IPR.

Veteran members may buy-in for $200 plus the $60 for a badge. I think we can arrange for the veterans to be able to purchase a second exhibitors badge, but don't hold me to it. There are going to be a lot of badges this year, so we need to keep them to a minimum. Veteran members may sell multiple game products at the booth. There is no guarantee for signage space, but veterans will get priority over first years. Vets will also get prominent shelf space at IPR.

All members are guaranteed the availability of demo tables, a busy, well-placed booth and the support of an enthusiastic family of game designers. Our booth is awesome and fun (and we tend to sell a lot of games, too).

Instructions
Please post in this thread if you would like to join us this year and you are prepared to pay for your slot via check to me right now, today. This is not a first come, first serve thread. Do not freak out. However, there is limited space and a high demand for membership in the booth this year, so members who can pay right away are going to be given priority over dawdlers. (If you must pay via paypal, you're paying the paypal %, not me.)

Please post only your name, the name of your company, the name of your game(s), the level of your buy-in and the estimated number of badges you'll need.

For example,
Name: Luke Crane
Company: Burning Wheel
Games/Titles: The Burning Wheel, The Monster Burner, Jihad, Serpent Sun, The Sooper Sekrit Projekt
Membership: Veteran -- $200
Badges: 3 (because I make rules to break them): Luke Crane, Radek Drozdalski and Thor Olavsrud.

If you post any thing else to this thread, I will fire you. I'm serious. (This means you, Jared.)

I will contact you shortly and let you know the status of your membership to this year's booth and the arrangements for payment. Your response does not guarantee you a space at the booth.

I love you all. I want you all at the booth. Really. Please help me continue loving you by making this easy on me. If you don't, I will not cease loving you: I will kill you (after I fire you).

Thank you all!
-Luke

Judd

Name: Judd Karlman
Company: Paka's Thread Games
Games/Titles: The Dictionary of Mu (though I'd love to bring 1st Quest too, but since it isn't written yet and this is my first year, I won't kvetch)
Membership: Rookie - $100
Badges: Just 1 for me.

Blankshield

Name: James Brown
Company: Blank Shield Press
Games/Titles: Death's Door, Brick Battles, Blood and Bronze (possibly)
Badges: 1
I write games. My games don't have much in common with each other, except that I wrote them.

http://www.blankshieldpress.com/

Ben Lehman

Name: Ben Lehman and Calder Johnson
Company: These Are Our Games
Games/Titles: Polaris, Bliss Stage, Drifter's Escape, Aeire, possibly others.
Membership: Veteran: $200
Badges: 2-3 (Ben Lehman, Jasper Anderton, possibly Calder Johnson.)

yrs--
--Ben

Nathan P.

Name: Nathan D. Paoletta
Company: Hamsterprophet Productions
Games/Titles: Carry
Membership: Rookie -- $100
Badges: Just the 1 for me.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Malcolm Craig

Name: Malcolm Craig
Company: Contested Ground Studios
Games/Titles: a|state, Cold City, Mob Justice
Badges: 2 (me, Iain McAllister [creator, Mob Justice])

Cheers
Malcolm
Malcolm Craig
Contested Ground Studios
www.contestedground.co.uk

Part of the Indie Press Revolution

Matt Machell

Name: Matt Machell
Company: Realms
Games/Titles: Covenant
Membership: Rookie - $100 (via Paypal, I'm afraid)
Badges: Just the one.

Gregor Hutton

Name: Gregor Hutton
Company: BoxNinja
Games/Titles: Best Friends
Membership: First year -- $100 (and it'll have to be PayPal from me; I'll happily take the hit though)
Badges: 1 (me)

TonyLB

Name: Tony Lower-Basch
Company: Muse of Fire Studio
Games/Titles:  Capes
Membership:  Veteran - $200
Badges: 1
Just published: Capes
New Project:  Misery Bubblegum

Joe J Prince

Name: Joe J Prince
Company: Prince of Darkness Games
Game: Contenders
Membership: Rookie - $100 (paypal too)
Badges:1 (Actually I've already ordered a badge - so I don't know how that works. )

Joe J Prince

Joe: Luke, you're not serious about that "firing and killing" thing, are you?

Luke: Oh no, of course not! ::presses red button under desk:: Good bye, Mr Prince.

::cue sea bass::

btrc

Name: Greg Porter
Company: BTRC
Games/Titles: EABA & supplements, Infinite Armies (some CD burn-on-demand, some requiring shelf space)
Membership: Veteran -- $200 (can pay by check or PayPal)
Badges: 2 : Greg Porter, John Kolb

Special: Can provide electricity again if we need it (within limits, cash register, laptops, etc.). Other special technical do-hickeys on request.

Jason Morningstar

Name: Jason Morningstar
Company: Bully Pulpit Games
Games/Titles: The Shab-al-Hiri Roach, Drowning and Falling*
Membership: Noob -- $100
Badges: 1 (Jason Morningstar)

*Yes, I know I only get one as a noob but D&F is for the blind children

Keith Senkowski

Name: Keith Senkowski
Company:  Bob Goat Press
Games:  Conspiracy of Shadows Revised Edition, Conspiracy of Shadows Companion, Conspiracy of Shadows Apocalypse, Untitled, and art prints.
Membership:  $200
Badges:  Uno
Conspiracy of Shadows: Revised Edition
Everything about the game, from the mechanics, to the artwork, to the layout just screams creepy, creepy, creepy at me. I love it.
~ Paul Tevis, Have Games, Will Travel

Matt Snyder

Name: Matt Snyder
Company: Chimera Creative
Games/Titles: Nine Worlds, Dust Devils Revenged
Membership: Grizzled vet -- $200
Badges: 1 badge
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra