News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Problem with In-Speckers characters

Started by Henry Fitch, April 26, 2002, 05:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry Fitch

I don't have a problem with these characters being encouraged to skip out on classes, or even get their siblings in trouble. That's okay. Even the whole exclusive club thing is okay, although I always hated kids that did that. But the following passage bothers me:

"Weird Kids: If they do exist, they wouldn't be allowed in the In-Speckers club. If you want to have a weird kid hang around your Club, have a character take the Monster Friend talent."

This is probably there to prevent people from taking werewolf kids or ninja kids, but doesn't the wording kind of make the characters sound like a bunch of little fascists?
formerly known as Winged Coyote

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Henry FitchThis is probably there to prevent people from taking werewolf kids or ninja kids, but doesn't the wording kind of make the characters sound like a bunch of little fascists?

Ah, sounds like you never went to a public school. Little kids ARE fascists. :)
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Henry Fitch

Oh, I most certainly went to public school. Still do, more or less. And yeah, kids are little bastards, I don't deny it. But a few of them are somewhat exceptible, and I think it would be more appealing to play as those few. But hell, there's no rule saying you can't, so it isn't worth arguing.
formerly known as Winged Coyote

Bob McNamee

Quote from: Henry FitchOh, I most certainly went to public school. Still do, more or less. And yeah, kids are little bastards, I don't deny it. But a few of them are somewhat exceptible, and I think it would be more appealing to play as those few. But hell, there's no rule saying you can't, so it isn't worth arguing.

As I remember... the Fascists tended to form the core "In" crowd.  These popular types would definitely not be the types to form an Inspeckers group.  All Inspeckers members would be considered the Weird Kids by them.  (At least at the public school I went too... thats how the gamers were considered)

Bob McNamee
Maybe just limit the game to one weird Kid / Monster friend per session.
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!