News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[TSOY] Weapons and Armor

Started by Matthew Glover, June 21, 2006, 03:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthew Glover

I want to make sure I have this right, because the text is a little unclear.  This i what I think is intended.  Am I right?

Quote from: what I think the book means to say
Weapons and armor are only factored in once you've determined who are winners and who are losers (and you've subtracted success levels if appropriate) and you're ready to apply harm. 

Your weapon adds to the harm you do to me, up to a maximum level of 6, so that you never automatically win.
My armor subtracts from the harm you do to me, down to a minimum level of 1, so that armor never automatically negates all harm.

If I have this right, do you add the weapon first, or subtract the armor first? 

Clinton R. Nixon

Matthew,

Add and subtract per normal. The final outcome can't be more than 6 or less than 1.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Matthew Glover

AH, so add weapons and armor, THEN adjust for minimum and maximum.  That makes sense.  Thanks!

JMendes

Hey, :)

Followup: are weapons and armor (and their respective result caps) before or after secrets? Could I, say, use my weapon to bump my success level to six, then use Mighty Blow for that extra punch to spike it to seven?

Cheers,
J.
João Mendes
Lisbon, Portugal
Lisbon Gamer

Clinton R. Nixon

J,

No way! The only way to get seven is to roll a +3 with a ability of 4. And the only way to get a zero is to roll it naturally.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games