News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Little Fears in Turkey

Started by gizem, May 03, 2002, 12:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizem

I've heard from a Turkish RPG forum that someone ran a game of Little Fears in the biggest annual Turkish RPG convention 2 weeks ago or so. More people seem interested, it was mentioned favourably in the forum. One person said she'd already ordered it from the website.

Thought this might interest you.

Gizem Forta

Ron Edwards

Hi Gizem,

Is there any chance you can find out, through that forum, how the game went and what happened in it?

Best,
Ron

gizem

Ok, I asked them. Waiting for replies now. I think the person who ran the game is not a member of that forum, but some organisers of the convention are members. Maybe someone knows something about the game. If you are really interested I can probably find the e-mail address of the gamemaster through the organisers.

Gizem Forta

gizem

This is what I found out about the LF game in Turkey:

The game was run by Deniz Kumral, from Ankara. His address seems to be jander@thedarkangels.org. He has the www.thedarkangels.org- an interesting site, but in Turkish.

The con site has the following info on the game (I translate):

'my name is Jacques, the last month I became 8. now I'm really grown up. but my arm hasn't healed yet. kipi broke the vase this time. (he/she/it) drives me mad, and my father refuses to believe me. (kipi) broke my tv too. my father told me to fix it myself. so i opened it ...'

character details:
1. jacques, 8 yrs., wets his bed, his friends make fun of his french accent
2. susie, 10 yrs., jacques' best friend. very afraid of her father
3. calvin, 7 yrs., his best friend is his toy (?) tiger, hobbes. his family cannot comprehend him.
4. joshua, 10 yrs., very big, very cowardly, fears cockroaches more than anything else

One person wrote about what actually happened in the game:

'The game lasted something like 3 hours. I talked to two of the players. Both said that the game'd been very good, and they'd had great fun even though it was short. I spoke to the GM later and he agreed that the game'd been very good, and the players were really nice. Jacques ended game as a happy boy.'

Hope that helps,
Gizem Forta