News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Everett, WA - Sorcerer Sighting

Started by Zak Arntson, May 19, 2002, 01:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zak Arntson

Two copies of Sorcerer in the Everett Mall's Wizards of the Coast store. I grabbed Munchkin and a Nocturnum (Call of Cthulhu) trilogy (50% off).

Anyhow, I was very glad to see Sorcerer in a mall in a Wizards store. Woot!

Ron Edwards

Everyone,

Please - I need real information about this. That means exact store name, street address, and website if possible.

Thanks,
Ron

Joe Murphy (Broin)

Ron,

When you say 'everyone', do you mean you're now compiling a list of stores that stock Sorceror? Or were you just investigating Zak's findings?

Joe.

Ron Edwards

Hi Joe,

My comments to Anthony in this thread may now be considered "DefCon 10." Bluntly, if Sorcerer is not established as a habitual re-order item in many stores, nation-wide and world-wide, you-all will never see another print supplement. It really is that simple.

Adept Press is a financial success. It remains to be seen, however, whether it will be a sustained financial success. If that doesn't look likely, rather than have it suddenly crash into the reef of an unanticipated no-sale supplement (and by "sale," I mean to retailers), I will instead dock it and let it die nicely in harbor.

Therefore, the key issue now is to establish good relations with that sub-set of retailers who (a) pay attention to their own sales and (b) are willing to consider Sorcerer as an ongoing re-order item. The Retailer Locator page on the website is one of my means to do this.

So, to everyone: if you know of a store that carries Sorcerer, send me all relevant information - see the website for examples. Most especially, if you know of a store that carries the game in a dedicated fashion, making sure that it's on the shelves even after it sells, then let me know - and furthermore, let that retailer know that I know.

Best,
Ron

Ace

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHi Joe,

My comments to Anthony in this thread may now be considered "DefCon 10." Bluntly, if Sorcerer is not established as a habitual re-order item in many stores, nation-wide and world-wide, you-all will never see another print supplement. It really is that simple.

Adept Press is a financial success. It remains to be seen, however, whether it will be a sustained financial success. If that doesn't look likely, rather than have it suddenly crash into the reef of an unanticipated no-sale supplement (and by "sale," I mean to retailers), I will instead dock it and let it die nicely in harbor.

SNIP

Best,
Ron

If Sorcerer does die as a print book I hope you will still consider releasing the cool stuff (such as Sorcerer in Space) as a PDF.

As far as my FLGS I can't help you there. The market for games other than the top 4 or 5 is nill in my market. When the FLGS owner has ordered small press games I am the only one that buys them. OTOH He can special order them within two days.

Thats how I got Sorcerers Soul and Sorcerer and Sword.

Be that as it may the stores web page is at

http://www.advguildriv.com.

All of the contact info is there.

Zak Arntson

Well, I didn't offer a very good reply to Ron. That's been rectified, but for the sake of example (and others reading this thread), here's the information he finally got out of me (Ron, note that the information here is updated from what I sent you. My skills in research will always assure me a place outside of journalism):

Two local gaming stores that I have seen carrying Sorcerer (RON: I sent you the wrong store name in the private message - It's Fantastic Games & Hobbies, not Toys).

---

Fantastic Games & Hobbies
http://members.aol.com/fantastichobby/index.htm
19715 Scriber Lake Road
Lynnwood, WA 98036
phone: (425) 775-4871
email: Fantastichobby@AOL.COM

Notes: Seen carrying Sorcerer and S&Sword when they were first released.

---

Wizards of the Coast
http://www.wizards.com
1402 Se Everett Mall Way
#21 Everett, WA  98208
phone: 425-353-8521

Notes: Seen carrying two copies of Sorcerer this weekend (May 19th, 2002).

Seth L. Blumberg

Underworld Comics & Games
1214 S. University
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734) 998-0547

I don't know whether they carried Sorcerer or its supplements when they first came out.  Last time I was there, they had a single copy of Sorcerer, which I purchased.  I intend to special-order the supplements through them soon.
the gamer formerly known as Metal Fatigue

Jared A. Sorensen

One game store in New Hampshire where I've seen Sorcerer:

http://www.wizardstowergames.com">The Wizard's Tower
49 Kinsley Road
Nashua, NH 03060
Phone: (603) 594-0521
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Ron Edwards

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the reports, and keep them coming, but I'd like to request that one of the major criteria here is that the store re-orders the game. I know I can't expect all of you to be double-checking on this, but if possible, if you're in the store for the regular reasons, or if you'd bought Sorc there originally, the re-ordering would be the main thing I want to know.

Best,
Ron

Christopher Kubasik

Ron,

I told you about buying Sorc at the WotC at the Beverly Center on Beverly and La Cienaga months ago.  (310) 652-1310.  When I was in last week, there was another one on the shelf.

(No supplements, though.)

Christopher
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

Ron Edwards

Hi Christopher,

Yes, you did. Everyone, please, I'm looking for address info, too (or rather, full address info). Now I'll head to the Wizards site to see if I can hunt that store down.

Best,
Ron

Christopher Kubasik

Here you go.

Christopher

WotC
8522 Beverly Blvd
Ste 847
Los Angeles, CA 90048
310-652-1310
"Can't we for once just do what we're supposed to do -- and then stop?
Lemonhead, The Shield

epweissengruber

Seth, when did you buy your copies?

On April 6 I bought Sorceror there. So they might have re-ordered (depending on when you got yours)

Russell Hoyle

Ron, these guys have re-ordered the game, but only seem to manage to keep copies of &Soul on the shelves...they only have a couple of copies at the moment (and none of the Sorcery rulebook).

Tactics
London Arcade (St Georges Terrace end)
Perth
Western Australia 6000

Tel: +61 8 9325 7081
(no email or web presence that I know of)

Rusty