News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[The Company] Requesting Playtesters

Started by Grand_Commander13, November 18, 2006, 09:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grand_Commander13

I said it felt right this time, and here I come to you, the Forge community, with a playtestable copy of The Company.

The playtester's copy can be found here.

It's a short game (the playtest copy is crammed into seven letter-sized pages) and the file is about 125kB for those interested.

And now, the summary:
QuoteThe Company is a roleplaying game about the investigation of various departments of an enormous company where the players seek to expose the corporate corruption taking place there.
Okay, I'm still working on the tag line...

Anyway, this is the first time I've been involved in any playtesting over the Forge, so everybody's help will be quite appreciated as I figure out what I'm supposed to do once I turn my product over to the wolves.  I guess...  PM me if you decide to download it and give it a go?  Yeah, that'll work, I guess.  (Oh, and I almost forgot, I'll be making a post at my blog for this if you would feel comfortable chipping in there too.)

Anyway, thanks in advance to everybody who playtests.  As I said before, your help is certainly appreciated.

joepub

Hey. I just wanted to let you know I am currently reading this...

If I can't get a playtest together, do you want editing feedback and rules questions and such anyways?

Also - I am linking this thread to people on RPG.net who are asking about a corporate RPG. I just wanted to flag that. The thread in question is here .

Grand_Commander13

I saw that thread as well, and I saw the banner ad they're referring to, so they're not looking for my RPG.

But yeah, your feedback on the text itself is welcome too, even if you can't get a group together.

Jared A. Sorensen

This is neat. I skimmed the rules and my "hmmm..." light flashed a few times but I'll need to give it a more thorough read to figure out why... but I like the idea behind the game quite a bit! I might have more comments within the week.

Of course, I already wrote this game but my version is stupid and mean-spirited.
http://www.memento-mori.com/other/games/gigantocorp/g20.html

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Grand_Commander13

I'm glad it interests you!  :-)

Your ubercorp RPG was inspired by Dilbert though?  I'd explain what inspired me to make The Company, but it would be slightly embarrassing, and I'd have to explain a LOT, because the inspiration is so tangential to the RPG itself.

I'm looking forward to your comments though.