News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge discussion links archive idea

Started by Ron Edwards, May 24, 2002, 05:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Edwards

Hello,

I know that thread title sounds like glossolalia. It refers to the suggestion made many times, here most recently, that we have some page at the Forge where someone can go and see a bunch of links to a whole bunch of germaine or especially-useful threads.

I'd see it as a set of headings, with the following as some of the many examples:
Gamism debates
Premise
Railroading
Scene framing
Preparing for play
Getting a group together

Under each one would be a bunch of thread links.

The real problem is how many and what to use as headings. There are tons of things which are very useful immediately and tons more that are useful only after being at the Forge for a bit. And if we open that up to "whatever anyone suggests," we'll end up with more headings/topics than is practical - I think that it's clear that having too many of these will be off-putting, like saying, "Read all this before we'll talk to you, you moron."

I also want to emphasize that this service is not intended to be a running, updated, ongoing thing. It would be revised maybe every six months. So that means that current discussions and even fairly recent ones would not be represented.

And finally - I ain't gonna do it. That's a time issue and a few-other-things issue, and keeping up the Adept Press sites is plenty of work as it is. So, someone(s), step and start helping out, if you want to see this happen.

Best,
Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

Just a note: since Ron ain't going to do it, don't bombard him or me with a lot of e-mails with your favorite link. If you want to take on this project, email both him and I (webmaster@indie-rpgs.com and sorcerer@sorcerer-rpg.com) and tell us your ideas in one concise e-mail.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games