News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[9W] Demo scenario?

Started by Neil the Wimp, December 29, 2006, 08:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neil the Wimp

Are there any convention scenarios available for Nine Worlds?

I've just picked up Nine Worlds and I'm very excited about it.  I'd like to run a mini-campaign of it at my local club, but the game is quite different from many others (including all manner of indie games) in that it seems to require some investment from people before play in order to make play itself interesting.  To get other people over that hurdle, they also need to be excited about the game.  The best way to get them excited is to play a one-session (3 hour) scenario with them.  So, do any such scenarios exist?

Ideally, it needs to be something with pre-generated characters, ideally with some developed muses and some Pride/Valour points knocking around.  That should allow the players to get stuck in to the game a bit more, as well as giving me some idea of what starting characters may turn into!  If the scenario is not much more than a set of PCs, a few NPCs and a maybe few Bangs, that would be great.

Ta,

Neil.
Milton Keynes RPG Club: http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk .  Tuesday evenings.  Come join us!
Concrete Cow 10½ mini-con, 11 September 2010, Milton Keynes, UK.

Matt Snyder

Hi, Neil. Thanks for the inquiry. This is just a note to let you know I'll be creating a scenario like this over the next few days. I've been swamped with the Dust Devils revision. But, I hope to get you something useful as soon as I can!

For what it's worth, you're on the right track as far as what a sample scenario requires -- as set of PCs, possibly some NPCs (and the key for all of them are good Muses), and probably just a situation idea (i.e. a bang) for each PC. From there, things tend to get unpredictable!
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Neil the Wimp

That's good to hear.  Thanks! 

Neil.
Milton Keynes RPG Club: http://www.mk-rpg.org.uk .  Tuesday evenings.  Come join us!
Concrete Cow 10½ mini-con, 11 September 2010, Milton Keynes, UK.

1000buffalo

Bump, as they say. ;)

Matt: Any luck with this item? If find Dust Devils pretty intuitive for creating a demo kit, but find Nine Worlds much less so (not a criticism of the game).  A demo would definitely help me.