News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Bookshelf Accounts: Need help, please

Started by kapnkrunch, January 02, 2007, 03:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kapnkrunch

Due to a bit of sloppiness on my part I have 3 seperate accounts at http://bookshelf.indie-rpgs.com. I would like to consolidate these accounts into one so that I can see all my available downloads in one location. I have e-mailed webmaster@indie-rpgs.com a few times over the past few months but have not heard back so I thought I'd post here.

I would appreciate help in this matter from someone with the means to do so.

Thank you very much,
~Chris
"I don't have any opinions anymore. I just know that no one is better than anyone and everyone is the best at everything" - Principal Skinner

kapnkrunch

I guess nobody cares here, either. Oh, well.
"I don't have any opinions anymore. I just know that no one is better than anyone and everyone is the best at everything" - Principal Skinner

Ron Edwards

I get to posts when I can, and as it happens, I don't run the Bookshelf. That's Clinton's thing, all the way. If he's monitoring this forum, then he'll do something about it, and if you want to send him a message or email, please do so.

There is absolutely nothing I can do. When confronted with whining, there's nothing I want to do, either. This isn't a 24-7 help desk, Chris. I appreciate your courtesy in your first post, and I suggest returning to it.

Best, Ron

kapnkrunch

Hi, Ron.

With all due respect, I've been courteous for the past 3 months when e-mailing webmaster@indie-rpgs.com and it got me nowhere (not even a response). I'm not unreasonable but I feel I've been made to wait unduly long so I'm doing what I feel I need to resolve a problem. If this is a "Clinton" problem then I would kindly ask you to alert him to this thread.

This is nothing personal against anyone. I just want an answer to my account consolidation question.

Thank you.

kapnkrunch

Quote from: kapnkrunch on January 05, 2007, 08:14:41 AM
If this is a "Clinton" problem then I would kindly ask you to alert him to this thread.

Or.... I could pull my head out of my butt and e-mail him myself.

Ron Edwards

I do sympathize and will do what I can.

Best, Ron

kapnkrunch

Quote from: Ron Edwards on January 05, 2007, 01:40:02 PM
I do sympathize and will do what I can.

Best, Ron

That's all I can ask. Please forgive any whining on my part in previous posts.

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

As far as I have been able to figure out (and remember from similar issues in the past), there's only one way - to contact the publishers, tell them who you are, and with any luck tell them the address you used to sign on originally, and approximately when. They should have records of whom they've authorized in the past.

Then you sign onto the Bookshelf with a new account, using the email you want, and making a new password. They can then re-authorize you using your current email.

It's awfully hands-on and laborious at this particular step, but on the other hand, it will work perfectly. I know I've done this for Bookshelf users in the past.

Best, Ron

Clinton R. Nixon

Yeah, hi, I'm slow on Bookshelf issues.

Ron's right - it's belaborious. The Bookshelf was never meant to scale to the number of users it has, and while it can technically scale for them, from an admin point of view, it's a nightmare. There's no master account, so to do what you're asking, I have to go in the database and write a bunch of SQL statements to handle this. Of course, I could write myself some new admin tools to do this, and I should.

So, you're still on my radar, and I'll work on it, but probably won't get to it for a few days. Sometimes people e-mail me bookshelf requests and are amazed three months later when the request happens, but they generally do happen.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

kapnkrunch

Cool. Thanks to both of you for taking the time to reply. Now that I have a better understanding of the process I'm fine with waiting.

Thank you, again, for your kind attention.

All the best & happy new year 2007,
~Chris