News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Carry Errata

Started by Nathan P., January 19, 2007, 01:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nathan P.

Many thanks to everyone who's picked up a copy of carry. a game about war in the last several months. I'm almost out of stock, and it's time to do a new print run!

There is one piece of rules errata that is being included in the second printing, along with typo corrections and layout tweaks:

Par. 3304-c (page 45) originally read:

Quote from: Carry First Printingc.     If the winner's action pool included any Burden Dice, the winner MUST spend points inflicting fallout on each of the Grunts that provided a Burden Die, if he has the points to do so. He then gives their Burden Die back to them.

Replace it with:

Quote from: Carry Second Printingc.     If the winner's action pool included any Burden Dice, the winner MUST inflict fallout on each of the Grunts that provided a Burden Die. This does NOT cost fallout points. He then gives their Burden Die back to them. The winner may shell shock, wound or seriously wound each Grunt without restriction, but he may only do one of these per Action scene.

It's one of those changes thats minor but not really. It worked out really well when we played it that way at JiffyCon, and I think it's more in line with how I want the Burden/Ranking Officer/Action Scene feedback to work. I'm happy with the change.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
Also | carry. a game about war.
I think Design Matters

Ron Edwards

Yikes! So there's no escape from harm if someone brings their Burden into things, huh?

Best, Ron

Nathan P.

Fallout from conflicts is the easiest way to increase your Burden Die (which makes you more effective at conflicts in general). It reinforces the fact that adding your Burden into an Action scene is a  "hurt me please (and make me stronger)" thing, and speeds up the death of Fodder characters (which I've observed to be slower than I like across many sessions of the game that I've run).

So, yes, there is no escape, but it's still up to you whether you want the hurt or not.
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters

Yokiboy

I'm glad I read this errata before my first actual play. I think this will result in a tighter game, where the endgame is reached much faster.

I was very pleasantly surprised by how my gaming group just drooled all over carry. They really want to give it a try, and we could be playing it in just a few weeks (finishing a game of DitV next week, then maybe one or two sessions of Contenders).

TTFN,

Yoki

Nathan P.

Thats great. Let me know how it goes once you guys get to it!
Nathan P.
--
Find Annalise
---
My Games | ndp design
I think Design Matters