News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Vermin - a query for Clinton...

Started by jdrakeh, June 20, 2002, 03:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdrakeh

Clinton: I've just aqquired several copies of the old basic D&D rules as well as two sets of The Arduin Grimoire books and am looking to start an old-fashioned dungeon crawl campaign with a few friends - but it needs a twist.

I remember vaguely a d20 supplement that you created (or at least hosted on your site) entitled "Vermin". Being a huge fan of Nihm, I think this would be perfect (of course, I'll have to convert it back to OD&D rules). Only problem is, I can't find a copy of it anywhere... is it still around?

James Hargrove
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

Clinton R. Nixon

Re: Vermin

I've wanted to re-do Vermin for a long time, and probably sell it. My problem: I love the original art, but it was done by someone who doesn't return my e-mails anymore. Vermin is one of those games that absolutely depends on art, and I'm not going to re-do it until I have a decent amount of it (which means money.)

When I do re-do it someday, expect it to be both d20 and either a game of its own, or possibly, a supplement to Donjon, whenever I get that done.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

jdrakeh

Quote from: Clinton R NixonRe: Vermin

I've wanted to re-do Vermin for a long time, and probably sell it. My problem: I love the original art, but it was done by someone who doesn't return my e-mails anymore. Vermin is one of those games that absolutely depends on art, and I'm not going to re-do it until I have a decent amount of it (which means money.)

When I do re-do it someday, expect it to be both d20 and either a game of its own, or possibly, a supplement to Donjon, whenever I get that done.

It's a shame that you're short on art - I wholeheartedly agree that artwork adds a large amount of atmosphere to Vermin. If you'd like, I can send you a few art pieces free of charge when I get some time (I'm a bit busy with my new job right now).

If you *do* re-work Vermin, I think that it would be great as its own game (it really deserves its own system) - but d20 and Donjon conversions would be a nice touch.

James Hargrove

PS - Props on Donjon Krawl as well - that's good sh*t!

[edited for spelling]
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove

jdrakeh

Thanks for the initial directions, Jared.

James Hargrove
Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove