Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:35:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.
Search:     Advanced search
275647 Posts in 27717 Topics by 4283 Members Latest Member: - otto Most online today: 88 - most online ever: 429 (November 03, 2007, 04:35:43 AM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Vermin - a query for Clinton...  (Read 1352 times)
jdrakeh

« on: June 19, 2002, 11:54:28 PM »

Clinton: I've just aqquired several copies of the old basic D&D rules as well as two sets of The Arduin Grimoire books and am looking to start an old-fashioned dungeon crawl campaign with a few friends - but it needs a twist.

I remember vaguely a d20 supplement that you created (or at least hosted on your site) entitled "Vermin". Being a huge fan of Nihm, I think this would be perfect (of course, I'll have to convert it back to OD&D rules). Only problem is, I can't find a copy of it anywhere... is it still around?

James Hargrove

Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove
Jared A. Sorensen

Darksided

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 04:49:18 AM »

http://indie-rpgs.com/rpgevolution/issue1-2/

jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com
Clinton R. Nixon

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2002, 07:13:13 AM »

Re: Vermin

I've wanted to re-do Vermin for a long time, and probably sell it. My problem: I love the original art, but it was done by someone who doesn't return my e-mails anymore. Vermin is one of those games that absolutely depends on art, and I'm not going to re-do it until I have a decent amount of it (which means money.)

When I do re-do it someday, expect it to be both d20 and either a game of its own, or possibly, a supplement to Donjon, whenever I get that done.

Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games
jdrakeh

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2002, 04:32:42 PM »

Quote from: Clinton R Nixon
Re: Vermin

I've wanted to re-do Vermin for a long time, and probably sell it. My problem: I love the original art, but it was done by someone who doesn't return my e-mails anymore. Vermin is one of those games that absolutely depends on art, and I'm not going to re-do it until I have a decent amount of it (which means money.)

When I do re-do it someday, expect it to be both d20 and either a game of its own, or possibly, a supplement to Donjon, whenever I get that done.

It's a shame that you're short on art - I wholeheartedly agree that artwork adds a large amount of atmosphere to Vermin. If you'd like, I can send you a few art pieces free of charge when I get some time (I'm a bit busy with my new job right now).

If you *do* re-work Vermin, I think that it would be great as its own game (it really deserves its own system) - but d20 and Donjon conversions would be a nice touch.

James Hargrove

PS - Props on Donjon Krawl as well - that's good sh*t!

[edited for spelling]

Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove
jdrakeh

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2002, 04:35:22 PM »

Thanks for the initial directions, Jared.

James Hargrove

Sincerely,
James D. Hargrove
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: