News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

[eXpendable] Beta Draft Playtesters Wanted

Started by greyorm, September 10, 2009, 02:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greyorm

Pretty much a repetition of what I mentioned over on the WHS site: eXpendable is entering its beta stage and needs playtesters. If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll get the current document out to you. I realize not everyone who makes the request will actually playtest, but I consider asking for the document a promise that you intend to make a good-faith effort to run a session and report back. Note that it is not a complete game by any means and I guarantee it's broken: the intent of the playtesting is to figure out where and how badly.

eXpendable is a game about convicted criminals who are drafted into the Galactic Republic's armed forces and sent on suicide missions. Think "Aliens" and "Doom 3" in terms of atmosphere. Mechanically, it is heavily Sorcerer-inspired, with nods to a few other indie games.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

greyorm

Quote from: Marshall Burns on September 25, 2009, 02:10:52 PMHow many people do you need to play?

Excellent question. A GM and two players could work; three or four would be optimal.

It could still be played with a single player, but one would lose the interpersonal aspects of the system. While I definitely want some feedback on that part of the game, using one player to test the other bits of the system wouldn't be wrong, per se.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio