News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Forge Midwest 2010 Planning Thread

Started by Willow, January 04, 2010, 08:52:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

The Google maps page for the Best Western hotel is here:
http://j.mp/8nb2qj

Larry L.

Willow,

Thanks for taking initiative on this!

Ron Edwards

Thanks Willow!

Also, if anyone has any suggestions for scheduling games without making it into some huge over-organized sign-up nonsense, please share.

Best, Ron

buzz

Thanks, Willow!

Quote from: Ron Edwards on January 15, 2010, 10:34:53 AM
Also, if anyone has any suggestions for scheduling games without making it into some huge over-organized sign-up nonsense, please share.

Tim C. Koppang and I were talking about this last year and thought the badge idea was pretty good. "Hello I'm _______. Ask me to run ________."

I have no real issue with the impromptu nature of FMW, but I think it'd be cool if people who attend come ready to run at least one game. That way, it's less about standing around waiting to see *if* there's anything someone can run, and more simply deciding *which* game to play. More like Games On Demand, I guess.
A.k.a., Mark Delsing

TJ

Why don't we just try to do regular start times every two hours?  That way everyone knows when the next round of games will be starting and can meet up accordingly.

Ben Lehman

What are the fees for the con, again?

Willow

Just a quick heads up, still technically finalizing things with the hotel.  Don't make those registrations quite yet.

My best recommendation is three time slots per day: Morning Games (8ish to Noonish, or 10ish to Noonish for sleepyheads with shorter games), Lunch Break, Afternoon Games (1-5), Dinnerbreak, Evening Games (6-10).

KeithBVaughn

Silly Question...What city & state is it in?

Keith
Idea men are a dime a dozen--and overpriced!

TJ

Madison, WI.  Click the Google map link above, click the map, and zoom out. :)

Willow

Okay, important update- I had to change the date to the 19th, 20th, and the 21st.  Sorry for any confusion this might have caused anyone.

Tim C Koppang

Quote from: Willow on January 20, 2010, 12:25:25 PM
Okay, important update- I had to change the date to the 19th, 20th, and the 21st.  Sorry for any confusion this might have caused anyone.
Hey, that's good news for me!  Are these dates firm yet?  Could you please let me know so that I can make a reservation?  Thanks.

greyorm

Quote from: Willow on January 20, 2010, 12:25:25 PMOkay, important update- I had to change the date to the 19th, 20th, and the 21st.  Sorry for any confusion this might have caused anyone.

Oh. Well, shoot. Out of curiosity, why the change in dates?
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Willow

No, the dates are not going to change again.

Willow

The reason for the date change is that the first weekend turns out to be spring break for a number of Madison schools, so several local people (including myself) had trouble getting that weekend free.

buzz

Are we cool to make hotel reservations and stuff?
A.k.a., Mark Delsing