News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Tough as ails ... ahem

Started by Matt Snyder, August 16, 2002, 07:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Snyder

Well, folks, I've good news and (somewhat) bad news.

I always like to start with the bad news, so here it is. I haven't got the darn Paypal system set up yet. Haven't even started the dirty work. So it goes. I hope to have it up and running by next week.

The good news is that I've been busy doing a "revised" print run of Dust Devils. I just put together 20 spanking new copies of the game, and they are almost identical to those offered at GenCon.

But they're better, thanks to Michael S. Miller and Adam Jury, who both sent me FANTASTIC edits to improve the game, typos, layout, etc. These guys did a superb job of trying to clean up the mess I put together in one helluva hurry before GenCon, and the "revised" version of Dust Devils is so much better for it.

But of the mos times ..  (Sorry, inside joke. Ask Jason Blair)
Matt
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Gordon C. Landis

Sign me up for one of those copies!  Mos times, I really regret letting some other varmint snatch-up a copy of Dust Devils instead of grabbing one for meself.

Gordon - probably got the inside joke all wrong, but Jason ain't talkin'
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Paul Czege

Tarnation, you did that quickly. I hadn't even had the chance to prod you to substitute the original character of Reggie for Zeke Munro in the sample scenario. Next printing maybe?

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Jared A. Sorensen

Marketing ad copy:

"Dust Devils...it's the cure for what ails ya!"
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Adam

Quote from: Matt SnyderThese guys did a superb job of trying to clean up the mess I put together in one helluva hurry before GenCon, and the "revised" version of Dust Devils is so much better for it.
And it sure as hell wasn't chopped liver to start with!

Jason L Blair

You did include a "What Is A Rolyplaying Game?" section, right?
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

TSL

Well I, for one, would be fascinated to find out what a "Rolyplaying Game" is.

Sounds good, Matt.  I don't have any issues with my "flawed" copy of Dust Devils though.
TS
Servant of Mantorok since 1863
Rumpuncher - Nocturnal's Scribe

Valamir

Regarding the paypal thing Matt, if you have a PP account already the button is simplicity itself.  Just go to your account, select the "sell" tab and run their button creation wizard.  Choose which button you want, how much to charge for shipping (you can even do a full shopping cart once you have more than 1 product).  When done it spits out the exact HTML to cut and paste into your site.

Works great...as long as you remember not to add the shipping and handling in twice ;-)