News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Donjon news (08/19/02)

Started by Clinton R. Nixon, August 19, 2002, 06:20:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clinton R. Nixon

Here's some exciting news: Donjon is done. Every single rule is written, equalling 46 full-size pages of fun.

That doesn't mean it's going on sale tomorrow, though - I'm still waiting on some art, plus I'm typing (not writing - it's already written) an adventure for the game. Between the adventure, some character sheets, and a few sample monsters I plan to throw in, you should plan on a 64 page book, methinks.

Still, it'll be done VERY SOON NOW (tm). Expect to see it on sale no later than my birthday, September 4.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Clinton R NixonStill, it'll be done VERY SOON NOW (tm). Expect to see it on sale no later than my birthday, September 4.

Awesome, Clinton. That means it'll be done by MY birthday (September 7). Virgos r0x0rz!
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Jason L Blair

Yeah, but will it be done by my birthday? (This Thursday, August 22.)

Yeah, I didn't think so.

Leoz iz da king o' da jungle, yo.
Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

James V. West

I'm disturbingly ill-informed...

Is DONJON going to be print or pdf? I hope print, but I'll take what I can get, right?

Clinton R. Nixon

Hey, James - I'm disturbingly ill-informed, too - I'm still looking around town trying to find a local printer that will make copies cheap enough to sell it as print.

It will be PDF, for certain, but I may offer a print version if I can get a price low enough that I can sell the print version for less than $20. (The book's moved up to 76-84 pages, too.)
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Jürgen Mayer

I'd buy a print version for <$20.

Just an idea: have you thought about doing a two-games-book, I'm thinking about something like Hogshead's Puppetland/Powerkill combo, where you have Donjon on one side and when flipping the book over you have Paladin.
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

quozl

QuoteJust an idea: have you thought about doing a two-games-book, I'm thinking about something like Hogshead's Puppetland/Powerkill combo, where you have Donjon on one side and when flipping the book over you have Paladin.

I just wanted to chime in and say this would awesome if you could finangle it.

---Jon
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Clinton R. Nixon

Jurgen and Jon - appreciate the idea, but not a fan.

That said - Donjon is done. I just finished laying out the screen version. Expect to see it on sale tonight or tomorrow morning.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

James V. West

I can't wait to check it, Clinton. Heck, if I can manage to get away from my job and the art desk I'd love to play the damn thing.