News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Looks like I botched character creation...

Started by Shadeling, January 12, 2003, 02:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadeling

When I had my players create characters, I messed it up on the Attributes part. I had always thought the high attribute limited what others could equal or exceed...but now I re-read it again (as a couple of late players are joining the game), and well I realized it said none can equal or exceed the high! DOH! Oh well.
The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Nick the Nevermet

If thats the worst thing that happens during character creation, you're doing ok :)

There are people I know who I will never, EVER tell about TROS because they will insist upon trying to make the most unkillable, min-maxed machine he possibly can... and then whine when he dies as all characters in TROS can.  He's not a bad guy, really.  Or even a bad role player.  He's just the ultimate pervy gamist, and he applies that logic to all roleplaying.  Character generation would be hell with him, regardless of what the rules were and regardless of whether they were applied exactly or not.

Maybe this should be a new thread, but what kind of characters were created for your campaign?  Or was this mentioned in another thread already?

Clueless as always
 Nick

Shadeling

The shadow awakens from its slumber in darkness. It consumes my heart.

Mokkurkalfe

Quote from: Nick Pagnucco

Maybe this should be a new thread, but what kind of characters were created for your campaign?  Or was this mentioned in another thread already?

Clueless as always
 Nick

Well, there where a few problems, as one player came to the game(well, character generation really) thinking: This time I want to to a REALLY good guy, not just some average Neutral Good equivalent. Of course, another guy wanted to be a real Badass, just this once.
Still, it turned out well due to some common SA's.
Joakim (with a k!) Israelsson

Akuma

I remember in my gaming group one guy made a combat wombat as I call it.

Big combat pool high TO high STR and as big of a fighting machine as he could, and nothing else.

The guy running it threw SO many puzzzles and non combat things at us that the guy ended up getting killed when he smashed open a door and fell into a pit trap on the other side.
-TN of 31?  Lets try it anyway! (rolls, botches, the inn explodes) Ok can I try tomorrow?

Nick the Nevermet

Quote from: AkumaBig combat pool high TO high STR and as big of a fighting machine as he could, and nothing else.

The guy running it threw SO many puzzzles and non combat things at us that the guy ended up getting killed when he smashed open a door and fell into a pit trap on the other side.

What was the player's reaction?