News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Bulk d20 source?

Started by sben, February 27, 2003, 03:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sben

If and when I ever run Donjon (probably only as a one-shot in the near future, as I'm starting a campaign* for a different game), I'm gonna want lots of d20s. Lots of 'em. Does anyone know of a good source for Massive Quantities of D20s, non-stylish is okay, without the superfluous d4s, d6s, d8s, etc.?
S. Ben Melhuish

dunlaing

I stopped by my local Wizards of the Coast store yesterday and bought all of the 50 cent d20s. It ended up being 19 dice for just under $10.

Jared A. Sorensen

Whoa, brainstorm.

Clinton -- maybe you should contact one of the mondo dice sellers at GenCon and see if you can do a coupon-type thing. Buy Donjon, get a free d20 when you buy X 20-siders at "The Dice Booth" -- or something?
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Bankuei

heheh, I see it now, a small backpack, plastic canteen, a notepad, pencils, Donjon and a bag full of D20's,

"Get yer Donjon Survival Kit right here!"

:P

Chris

ethan_greer

Well, you can order bulk from Koplow Games, but there's a minimum 150 dollar order the last time I checked.  Even Donjon won't use 150 bucks worth of d20s at wholesale prices.  Retail, maybe, but not wholesale.  :)

Edited to add that Koplow has lots of other cool stuff that would make it not as painful as you might think to part with that 150 bucks.  But, probably the cheapest way to get bulk dice is to hit a convention and talk to people at the dice booth(s).  A couple of friends of mine once walked away from a con with well over ten pounds of dice for dirt cheap.

sben

Quote from: ethan_greerWell, you can order bulk from Koplow Games, but there's a minimum 150 dollar order the last time I checked.  Even Donjon won't use 150 bucks worth of d20s at wholesale prices.  Retail, maybe, but not wholesale.  :)
Cool. There are several pages showing boxes of 100 d20s; a couple of them are here and here (bulk d20s are at the bottom of each page). Couldn't find a specific reference to the $150 minimum, but it seems plausible.

Hm. Maybe we could organize a Seattle d20 bulk-buy. Or maybe it'd just be easier to go to the FLGS and have them order them. Hm.
S. Ben Melhuish

Clinton R. Nixon

I think RPGshop.com actually has some good deals on bulk d20s. (Looking, it appears to be 0.54/die - not so good.)

Personally, I just went over to the local game shop and bought them out of d20's.
Clinton R. Nixon
CRN Games

Valamir

I played in one of the initial demos of Noble Armada, the space combat game for the Fading Suns RPG.  Since I'm a space combat nut I bought the game even though I was decidedly underwhelmed by the galleons in space tactics and overwhelmed by the 50$+ price tag (which included a decent (but not stellar) set of plastic minis).  As an added promo they included well over a dozen high impact purple d20s (which actually served a record keeping function in the game).  Ergo, for years I had more d20s than I could possibly think what to do with...:-)