News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

octaNe soundtrack

Started by Steve Dustin, March 03, 2003, 06:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Dustin

So I'm preparing my octaNe soundtrack for my octaNe game in a couple of weeks. I'm taking the Rule of Rock'n'Roll very seriously. Anyway, I've got it all worked up in my iTunes at the moment. I had about 200 tracks, but narrowed them down to this list. Not saying this is the best list -- but it seems to go together the best I think.

Anyone want to comment? Am I neglecting something important?

My octaNe soundtrack:

You Think I Ain't Worth A Dollar But I Feel Like A Millionaire by Queens of the Stone Age
Stereo Phase Test (Interlude)
Whip It by Devo
Planet Collision by Man or Astro-Man?
Dragula by Rob Zombie
Route 666 (Interlude)
Piss Up A Rope by Ween
Riot In Cell Block #9 by Wanda Jackson
Rumble by The Lively Ones
Big Bikes by Kyuss
Commercial (Interlude)
Barracuda by Heart
Goliath and the Vampires by Monster Magnet
Velvet Pants by Propellerheads
Kung Fu Fighting by Carl Douglas
Blind in Texas by WASP
It's A Bikini World by The Boardwalkers
Commercial 2 (Interlude)
Bikini Girls With Machine Guns by The Cramps
Just A Gigolo/Ain't Got Nobody by Louis Prima
Atomic by Sleeper
M1A1 by Gorillaz
Shirley by L7
All Through The Night Buttobase!! by Guitar Wolf
Surfer's Lament by The Lively Ones

Thanks,

Steve Dustin
Creature Feature: Monster Movie Roleplaying

Jared A. Sorensen

Nice.

I'm assembling my own soundtrack for a con game in a few months:

Aquabats - Super Rad
Dick Dale - Ghost Riders in the Sky
Hillbilly Hellcats - Hillbillies on Speed
Judas Priest - Turbo Lover
Lollipop Lust Kill - Jesus Chrysler
Metallica - Fuel
Mike Ness - I'm in Love With My Car
Missing Persons - Walking in LA
Southern Culture on the Skids - 40 Miles to Vegas
Wall of Voodoo - Mexican Radio
White Zombie - Black Sunshine

I'll definitely be checking out some of the songs you've mentioned!
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

quozl

How about ZZ Top - Viva Las Vegas ?
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Valamir

Ok...what does it mean if I only recognize 6 of the above songs on these lists...
a) I'm embarrassed at my sheltered life and am not nearly cool enough to play OctaNe.
b) I'm proud that I remain well above things that have close ties to trash culture

;-)

Mike Holmes

Quote from: ValamirOk...what does it mean if I only recognize 6 of the above songs on these lists...
a) I'm embarrassed at my sheltered life and am not nearly cool enough to play OctaNe.
b) I'm proud that I remain well above things that have close ties to trash culture

;-)

A

Definitely A.

Mike (only missed five and still isn't really cool) Holmes
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Steve Dustin

Well, you can't be cool if you're a father. I'm a father.

So I'm definitely not cool.

And the fact that I've never heard of Lollipop Lust Kill. That definitely makes me uncool. But Jared's list gives me hope I can still play octaNe.

Steve
Creature Feature: Monster Movie Roleplaying

clehrich

Oh my god, I'm such a failure.  I recognize about five of these songs, grand total.  I mean, not that I thought I was exactly Mr. Cool, but I feel like such a total loser.  Wasn't part of the point of RPGs in the old days that it made us raving geek/nerds feel like we had something cool going?  And now here comes Mr. Jared Bloody Wossname Sorensen to tell me I'm not cool.  Oh yeah?  Well.  Okay, you're right.  But I'm still very depressed about this, and will clearly have to see my analyst.  <sigh>
Chris Lehrich

Rob MacDougall

If only there was some kind of technology - like, say, a network of interconnected computers - where someone uncool (or, as I think is more likely the case, super cool but along a slightly different axis of cool than Jared or Steve) could type in the names of some of these songs and groups and learn about them. And perhaps even be directed to places they could sample this music and decide for themselves! :)

You play octaNe. You're all cool to me.

Rob

Jared A. Sorensen

Jack Townsend had an octaNe radio station going for awhile over at Live365.com. Maybe I can get him to ressurect it?

BTW, Steve. I found Lollipop Lust Kill through MP3.com (on the "Power Metal" station of all things, which is weird). Hillbilly Hellcats is a band my girlfriend found on MP3.com and she liked 'em so much she bought one of their albums.

...oh, and I plan on adding some playlists to the octaNe website, so thar!
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Ron Edwards

Piss Up a Rope by Ween!

Yeah, baby! I love that song.

Best,
Ron

Matt Snyder

I'll offer up Mojostopheles'* theme song:

George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Who do you love?

-or-

Muddy Waters, Evil

Also, is Teenage Werewolf a Role somewhere? I was listening to Warren Zevon's "Werewolf of London" on the radio, and it struck me that should be a role, but that maybe there already was one. Couldn't remember.

*Mojostopheles was my octaNe character in T.S. Luikart's octaNe session, which also included Jared (Wassabe Jones, Japanese playa), Jason Blair (Pupu Kim-Chi, capuchin monkey), Mike Mearls (Bosco Hi-Fi, midget monster truck driver), and Jurgen Mayer (Mt. Spiner, monster smasher -- as in kills Kaiju). Great, great game. Mojostopheles was a blues man who had a mutant demon in his belly (think "Quato" from Total Recall).
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

quozl

Quote from: Matt SnyderI'll offer up Mojostopheles'* theme song:

George Thorogood and the Destroyers, Who do you love?

Have you the Jesus and Mary Chain version of this song?  Totally creepy and cool.
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters