News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Onion interview with Cronenberg

Started by Bailywolf, March 11, 2003, 06:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bailywolf

The Onion online's AV section has an interview with body-horror master Cronenberg... since he is so figural to Schism, I figured I'd provide a link where it would do the most good....

right about here: http://www.theonionavclub.com/avclub3909/avfeature_3909.html

Jared A. Sorensen

Thanks very much for the link.

I highly encourage folks to check out the other Cronenberg interviews on the web (including the ones where he interviews other people, like William S. Burroughs and Salman Rushdie). Also, Chris Rodley's "Cronenberg on Cronenberg" is a must-read.

Re: Schism, I've been busy re-writing the system for Decay (which is going to be good, I promise! On his journal, Mike Mearls said, "Decay has the potential to really change how people think of RPGs in terms of presentation and design. It's going to teach people that games can be weird, literary, interesting, and *GASP* fun to play." -- hahah, not too much pressure or anything!) so Schism has landed neatly on the "started, wanna finish, but not right now" pile. It's all about inspirado...and although I wish I was a writing machine, I'm not.

Hey, I hate to leave a thread with only 2 posts. Anyone wanna chat? :)

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Spooky Fanboy

Oh, and I feel sad that Schism has been put on the back-burner, because I've been trying to convince myself to start up a game at one of the local gaming shops. I was going to wait until Schism: Unleashed came out, though, as I was looking forward to the streamlined system.

Not that I'm using this to spur on the Schism rewrite, but...Hyaaahhh!
*whipcrack*!
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Jared A. Sorensen

Hey, Spooky.

I just haven't been in SCHISM mode. The new SYL album is out (I need to get it) so maybe that'll kick my ass into mega-high gear so I can finish SCHISM: UNLEASHED. I suspect that once the ball gets rolling, it won't stop until it smashes into the front window of a Starbucks.

Oh, and he closes with a mildly obscure reference! Hah!

- J

Ron Edwards

Hi there,

On the plus side, Schism as it currently stands is certainly a playable and fun game. It's not like you have to wait for the new version in order to play at all.

Cronenberg note: if you haven't seen The Brood, you haven't lived. When alien archeologists display the treasures of the Long-Lost Hooman Planet, The Brood will occupy a position of great honor.

Best,
Ron

Spooky Fanboy

Re: The Brood

Yes, there's nothing like psychoneurosis-induced parthenogenesis when it comes to creating an uplifting family-oriented movie. Why Disney didn't do it first, I'll never know. ;-)

Re: Schism.

I know, Ron, but I just wanted to spur Jared on. I'm interested to see what he adds and what he'll trim or streamline, not to mention why and how.
Proudly having no idea what he's doing since 1970!

Jared A. Sorensen

Happy 60th birthday, Dave...

- J, who might actually get to see "Spider"