News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Gamers Have Lives?

Started by Supplanter, August 26, 2001, 09:46:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Supplanter

I notice that, week in and week out, things really quiet down here on the weekends. What's up with that?

Note: As a married father, I have the best possible excuse for being around my computer to post on the weekends.

Best,

Jim
Unqualified Offerings - Looking Sideways at Your World
20' x 20' Room - Because Roleplaying Games Are Interesting

peteramthor

Well a I for one run a game each weekend and have to go into work at night afterwords.  Kinda cuts into my time to do much else.  I try to hop on and check my email and hit all the new topics or active posts but I don't always get the chance.

A lot of the gamers around here seem to run games on the weekends because thats when most people have thier free time at.  That could be the reason for the slow down on the weekend.

Or maybe not.

Mytholder

I suspect most people post from work... :smile:

Le Joueur

QuoteSupplanter wrote:
I notice that, week in and week out, things really quiet down here on the weekends. What's up with that?

Note: As a married father, I have the best possible excuse for being around my computer to post on the weekends.
And as a married father, I have the best possible excuse for not being able to get to a computer to post on the weekends.

(She is a gamer, one of the best gamemasters I know, and a hell of a player; my five year old is fascinated with our "rolling-play games" [ironic because we hid those choking hazards, dice, so long ago we don't know where they are].)

Fang Langford
Fang Langford is the creator of Scattershot presents: Universe 6 - The World of the Modern Fantastic.  Please stop by and help!

Ian O'Rourke

On 2001-08-26 18:53, Mytholder wrote:
I suspect most people post from work... :smile:

A good number of rpg sites go dead at the weekend - such as rpg.net - and I think Mythholder has it, most people post from work?

I have detected a slight difference in US/UK methods here though, as heavy UK sites tend not to drop on the weekend.

Though this is hardy a scientific analysis.
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

Jason L Blair

I have detected a slight difference in US/UK methods here though, as heavy UK sites tend not to drop on the weekend.

That's because people in the UK are lazy and have no jobs and nothing better to do with their time. :wink:

Jason L Blair
Writer, Game Designer

Ian O'Rourke

On 2001-10-05 13:20, Key20Jason wrote:

That's because people in the UK are lazy and have no jobs and nothing better to do with their time. :wink:

Quite possibly :smile:

Though I did read a TIME article, and listen to a short newsbyte while I was in Las Vegas that lead me to believe wholesale Internet access throughout the US is a myth - in terms of broadband/mass use, etc.

So may be they are all using it at work :smile:
Ian O'Rourke
www.fandomlife.net
The e-zine of SciFi media and Fandom Culture.

unodiablo

Or, we're all sick as hell of computers by the end of the week! I don't even check my e-mail most weekends! :smile:

http://www.geocities.com/unodiablobrew/
Home of 2 Page Action Movie RPG & the freeware version of Dead Meat: Ultima Carneficina Dello Zombi!

Tor Erickson

Well, I'm not sure if this answers the question or not, but very early this morning (i.e. late last night), amidst pounding hip-hop, freely flowing alchohol, and gyrating college students (i.e., a party) I had a 20 minute discussion on GNS.
 It's too bad she got lost after she excused herself to go to the bathroom and I never saw her again...  (okay, actually it was a he, and he seemed pretty interested).
-Tor