News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Party small talk: GenCon

Started by Matt Wilson, April 03, 2003, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon C. Landis

It's very, VERY likely I'll make it to Indy this year.  My goals are to have a finished game design to share, get into some more of the demo's, and just have one helluva fun time.  Last year was great (I'm REAL glad I wandered over to the Diana Jones ceremony - that was cool!), but Real Life had left me a bit uneven going into it.  No such thing will be allowed this year!!

My birthday falls during GenCon SoCal, and (mileage-wise) it's relatively close to home - gotta go there, too.  I'd be thrilled to help out at any booth that materializes.

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Jake Norwood

I'll be there. I wanna game. Especially I want to play La Familia with you guys, which will be done by then.

Jake
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing." -R.E. Howard The Tower of the Elephant

Ron Edwards

All right, quick! Forge pact!

No one play La Famiglia with Jake until he plays Nicotine Girls first.

Best,
Ron

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Gordon C. LandisMy birthday falls during GenCon SoCal, and (mileage-wise) it's relatively close to home - gotta go there, too.  I'd be thrilled to help out at any booth that materializes.

I was gutted when I heard they had pushed SoCal GenCon back to next year, I had already made plans to fly across this December for it.

Sigh. Oh well, there's always next year (although, realistically, if I'm going to come over there next year for a GenCon, I'll wait for the bigger "real" one in July.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

RPG Books: Of Beasts and Men, The Flower of Battle, The TROS Companion

Mike Holmes

Quote from: Ron EdwardsNo one play La Famiglia with Jake until he plays Nicotine Girls first.
Dude, I can't stand by that.

Jake, I'll play Famiglia. If I can get you to play either Sorcerer and Space, or Geek Season. Quid Pro Quo, you know. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Gordon C. Landis

Quote from: Brian LeybourneI was gutted when I heard they had pushed SoCal GenCon back to next year, I had already made plans to fly across this December for it.

Yeah, at one point I thought Dec 2003 SoCal was cancelled, but I thought the latest was that it was back.  I figured I'd find out for sure at Indy . . .

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Gordon C. Landis
Quote from: Brian LeybourneI was gutted when I heard they had pushed SoCal GenCon back to next year, I had already made plans to fly across this December for it.

Yeah, at one point I thought Dec 2003 SoCal was cancelled, but I thought the latest was that it was back.  I figured I'd find out for sure at Indy . . .

Gordon

Really? Hell, be sure to let me know, would you? If it's back I'll probably still go.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

jburneko

Really? Hell, be sure to let me know, would you? If it's back I'll probably still go.

This is from the official gencon website:

When: December 11-14, 2003
Where: Anaheim, California
Facility: Anaheim Convention Center

Anaheim is practically my backyard, so SOME of you better be there even if we don't have an official booth.

Jesse

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: jburneko

This is from the official gencon website:

When: December 11-14, 2003
Where: Anaheim, California
Facility: Anaheim Convention Center

Anaheim is practically my backyard, so SOME of you better be there even if we don't have an official booth.

Jesse

God damn. Now, how likely is it that they'll cancel it again :-)

Hmm.. time to call the travel agent again. Sigh.

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Mike Holmes

Dude, how much more can it be to get a ticket and come to the real thing? ;-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Brian Leybourne

Quote from: Mike HolmesDude, how much more can it be to get a ticket and come to the real thing? ;-)

Mike

That's the problem - I'm off to South America for 6 weeks in June, and the trip finishes 18 July. By the time I could then get up to Indie, I would *just* make it for the last day of GenCon, maybe. And that's assuming I have enough money for the extra flights and accommodation, which I dont. Plus I would be with my wife, who would be bored while I wandered around like a kid in a candy store.

However, I can easily afford NEXT years GenCon, or this years December SoCal GenCon, and bring an RPG friend or two.

Hmm.. So guys, how many of you are likely to be at SoCal, and how many of you are likely to be at GenCon Indie 2004.. maybe I should decide based on that.. be good to meet some of the folks I've been chatting to for so long...

Brian.
Brian Leybourne
bleybourne@gmail.com

Valamir

SoCal is LoCal...you want to order the entree with all the fat and calories...that would be GenCon (the one that doesn't need a qualifying suffix).

Jürgen Mayer

The German who Walks will be back, too!
(um, Ron, remember, we need a hotel right next to the con ;)

Last year was a blast, our indie booth rocked, we played so many great games and had a helluva fun. This year, we'll repeat that and do it even better.

I plan on running the sequel to our InSpectres game. Expect the Return of Ron, the sumerian sorcerer and his Arch-Nemesis Peter.

I hope that the XIG guys will bring a drumset and bass guitar, so that we can jam!

Looking forward to meet all of you again!
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Matt Wilson

Quote from: ValamirSoCal is LoCal...you want to order the entree with all the fat and calories...that would be GenCon (the one that doesn't need a qualifying suffix).

Well, if it's anything, it's GenCon Indy. That should be reason enough for Forge people to go.

Marco

I might even bring JAGS-2. All of the cool, half the rules. :)

Umm ... when is it?

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland