News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Party small talk: GenCon

Started by Matt Wilson, April 03, 2003, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon C. Landis

Quote from: Brian LeybourneHmm.. So guys, how many of you are likely to be at SoCal, and how many of you are likely to be at GenCon Indie 2004.. maybe I should decide based on that.. be good to meet some of the folks I've been chatting to for so long...

Well, I expect there'll be a decent set of people.  And it'll be a great pleasure to meet any and all Forge-folks who can make it!  From far-flung corners of the globe . . . New Zealand - now there's a place on MY "gotta visit" list!

But the truth is, this is the first year for GenCon SoCal, and I doubt ANYONE really knows how successful it's going to turn out to be.  If you've really got to pick just one, Ralph's right - GenCon Indy is the reliable, full-calorie dish.  At least, that's the way it seems to me,

Gordon
www.snap-game.com (under construction)

Paul Czege

All right, quick! Forge pact!

No one play La Famiglia with Jake until he plays Nicotine Girls first.

I played in a very nice RoS demo run by Jake last year. I will gladly in return run Nicotine Girls for a group of players including Jake this year. That is, unless there's someone who's itching to run Nicotine Girls? In that case, I'd like to play :)

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

Jared A. Sorensen

Quote from: Jürgen MayerI plan on running the sequel to our InSpectres game. Expect the Return of Ron, the sumerian sorcerer and his Arch-Nemesis Peter.

I wanna play InSpectres, damn it. I hate you all.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

talysman

I need to go to one or the other of the GenCons, because... (please don't look down on me) ... I have never been to a game convention.

which really blows my geekcred.

ok, I did go to a group gaming event, which sort of counts, but I still consider it much to small to be an actual Con.

so, I dunno about GenCon Indy. that's a ways away, and doesn't give me too much time to figure out how to get there, how to pay for everything, &c. I'll go if I can. GenCon SoCal is more likely.
John Laviolette
(aka Talysman the Ur-Beatle)
rpg projects: http://www.globalsurrealism.com/rpg

quozl

Quote from: MarcoI might even bring JAGS-2. All of the cool, half the rules. :)

-Marco

Are you serious?
--- Jonathan N.
Currently playtesting Frankenstein's Monsters

Mike Holmes

Quote from: quozl
Quote from: MarcoI might even bring JAGS-2. All of the cool, half the rules. :)

-Marco

Are you serious?

No doubt. What the fuck! What kinda bomb is that to drop on a party? How long have you been hiding the fact that you're doing this project? I see posts on the JAGS site about it. Does this mean we have to trapse on over there to check out what you're up to at every moment of the day?

What gives, man?! Spill the beans. You need to start a thread right now that tells us just what this is all about.

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

greyorm

I just found out recently that I would definitely be able to attend this year. So, rock on!

As for my wish list, well, all I really want to do is hang out with the Indie crowd and play some games, damnit! And it would be really nice to have Orx finished in time for GenCon, but I don't think that's going to happen.
Rev. Ravenscrye Grey Daegmorgan
Wild Hunt Studio

Jürgen Mayer

Quote from: Jared A. SorensenI wanna play InSpectres, damn it. I hate you all.
July, Jared... it's only a few months away...
Jürgen Mayer
Disaster Machine Productions
http://disastermachine.com

Matt Gwinn

I will be at Gencon with brand spankin new copies of Kayfabe for sale.  I picked up a couple dozen wrestling figures off of Ebay to use as props/minitures for demos and possibly give aways for my registered demos.  Will there be room for me to set up a wrestling ring on one of the big tables Ron?

My goals for Gencon are to play lots of cool games with my fellow Forgites, run as many demos as humanly possible, sell at least 20 copies of Kayfabe, and buy more gaming stuff than I can afford.

,Matt G.
Kayfabe: The Inside Wrestling Game
On sale now at
www.errantknightgames.com

Julie

Since Josh is at work and has no access to a computer, let me speak for both of us that we are, as only WE can, plotting and planning e'en now, to find a way to make it.   Friggin' shame they're taking it out of Milwaukee.
Julie

Enoch

I'm coming again this time.  I definitely will spend more time at the Forge booth.  I only played one demo last year!  I must play more.

-Joshua
omnia vincit amor
The Enclave