News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Party small talk: GenCon

Started by Matt Wilson, April 03, 2003, 11:18:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Wilson

Whoa, only one thread, and that by Clinton? Come on, wallflowers!

So who's going to GenCon so far? Let's have a list, and what are your plans while you're there?

I'm going, and it'll be my first, and I'm pretty jazzed about it. I think I'll have a game ready to shill by then, and that makes me even more jazzed.

Here's my wish list for while I'm there:

*To meet a few of you folks in person and tell you in person your stuff is cool.
    *To play in at least a couple games - if not many - run by their creators.
    *To have someone check out my game and say, dude, I think this will be fun.
    *To discover a few new cool games, and covet them.
    *To be generally hedonistic for a few days. It is, after all, vacation time I'm a-spending.
    [/list:u]

Hope you's all comin'.

-Matt

Valamir

I'm there definitely.
I'm hoping we get a few more Forgeite games going after hours.
I've been told that St. Elmo's Steakhouse in down town Indy is the place to go for large bloody slabs of cow meat.

C. Edwards

I know it may end up the red-headed step-child of GenCon, but does anybody plan on attending GenCon SoCal?

-Chris

Matt Wilson

Quote from: C. EdwardsI know it may end up the red-headed step-child of GenCon, but does anybody plan on attending GenCon SoCal?

When is that? December or something? SoCal is much more accessible for me than Indianapolis, that's for sure.

Ron Edwards

Hey,

I'd reeeeally like for someone to step up as an organizer for a Forge booth at GenCon SoCal. Any takers?

Gotta be someone with a company who can afford the initial outlay of funds for a two-three sized booth.

Best,
Ron

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Ron EdwardsHey,

I'd reeeeally like for someone to step up as an organizer for a Forge booth at GenCon SoCal. Any takers?

Gotta be someone with a company who can afford the initial outlay of funds for a two-three sized booth.

Dude, someone pour Ron a beer. He's talking business

serious moment: what are we talking about here in terms of afford? From my experience with shows, booth space is priced in the thousands.

GreatWolf

I am hoping to be at GenCon, at least for a day or two.

My goals would be:

--to see more of your smiling faces

--give Legend of Alyria ashcans to the Forgites who want them

--play InSpectres, TROS, and Sorcerer

--sit around and talk about stuff

--buy the latest Button Men (must...feed...the...addiction)

Seth Ben-Ezra
Great Wolf
Seth Ben-Ezra
Dark Omen Games
producing Legends of Alyria, Dirty Secrets, A Flower for Mara
coming soon: Showdown

Marco

I'd like to go--it's a haul for me--but I'd like to go.

*sips drink*

-Marco
---------------------------------------------
JAGS (Just Another Gaming System)
a free, high-quality, universal system at:
http://www.jagsrpg.org
Just Released: JAGS Wonderland

Jared A. Sorensen

I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL BE WEARING MY BOOTS THIS YEAR.

- J, eff airport security.
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Mike Holmes

It'd be more likely that I'd be killed by a mob of midgets than miss GenCon.

What's my goal? The same as the last dozen or so. Play games with cool folks. Oh, and I'll probably have some products to sell at the booth.

Hey, can I bring my guitar? So's I can annoy all y'all with my playin'?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Paul Czege

So who's going to GenCon so far? Let's have a list, and what are your plans while you're there?

I'll be there, working the booth, selling print copies of My Life with Master, and running demos.

Paul
My Life with Master knows codependence.
And if you're doing anything with your Acts of Evil ashcan license, of course I'm curious and would love to hear about your plans

jburneko

Quote from: Ron Edwards
I have to say that I'd LOVE to contribute to Forge activity at GenCon SoCal.  As for organizing, I don't think I have that kind of fundage laying around.

Jesse

Ron Edwards

Hey,

Marco, it'd be great if you could make it, especially if you bring a few JAGS demos.

Oh Jared, the boots? You'd wear the boots? 'Scuse me, everyone, I - I have to step away privately for a (gasp) moment - be right back, I mean not right away, but ...

Mike, the XIG guys will be near us again, most likely, so just bring the axe and hook up to them.

Best,
Ron

szilard

I'm hoping to be there for at least part of the time.

I live two hours away from Indianapolis, so I don't really have much of an excuse not to be there, though there is no guarantee that I'll have sufficient funds or a working car.

Stuart
My very own http://www.livejournal.com/users/szilard/">game design journal.

Matt Wilson

Quote from: Mike HolmesIt'd be more likely that I'd be killed by a mob of midgets than miss GenCon.

What's my goal? The same as the last dozen or so. Play games with cool folks. Oh, and I'll probably have some products to sell at the booth.

Hey, can I bring my guitar? So's I can annoy all y'all with my playin'?

Mike

Dude, you gotta bring it! I don't have a flighty-worthy case, or I'd bring mine and we could form a temporary GenCon band.