News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Writer wanted for revamp of indie furry game

Started by Michael Hopcroft, July 05, 2003, 04:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Hopcroft

Are you a freelance writer familair with:

1. the Action! System
2. the D20 modern SRD
3. The anthropomorphic ("furry" genre
4. Polcie action dramas

If so, Seraphim Guard needs you! We are looking for an up-and-coming designer to completely revamp our upcoming rpg Fuzz: the Furry Police RPG in return for a generous percentage of the net sales.

We're looking at a Late 2003/Early 2004 release date. So if you need a sizable credit and a decent royalty and small ongoing income, contact me privately and arrange to send me a sample of your writing.
Michael Hopcroft Press: Where you go when you want something unique!
http:/www.mphpress.com

Jared A. Sorensen

You might's be wantin' to fix your .sig there, Mike.

- J
jared a. sorensen / www.memento-mori.com

Snakefeather

Hmmm. Interesting.

How much work exactly is involved, and when is the deadline?
Matt B Carter

www.mattbcarter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
mattbcarter@blueyonder.co.uk

Michael Hopcroft

Quote from: SnakefeatherHmmm. Interesting.

How much work exactly is involved, and when is the deadline?

I won;t deny it will be a lot of work. Basically you will be redesigning from scratch to match the genre, creating furry racial templates for both Action! and D20, revising the Action! skill list for the genre, and adjusting the D20 Modern rules to make guns and knives deadlier for high-level characters. We're talking probnably, in between rules and bac\kground material, a 192-page book.

The deadline, howvere, is very loose. We are loolking at a late 2003/Early 2004 release. I could take a manuscript as late as December or even january and still be happy.

masqueradeball

Quenstion One: Whats the pay-off
Question Two: Whats the best way to contact you for more specific information
Nolan Callender

Michael Hopcroft

Quote from: masqueradeballQuenstion One: Whats the pay-off
Question Two: Whats the best way to contact you for more specific information

1. The "pay-off" is a 20-25% royalty on net sales after puiblication on both the PDF and Print-on-Demand versions.

2. You can send me a private message here on the Forge, or you can write me at mhopcroft@seraphimguard.com if you want me to go into even more detail.

This goes for anyone, by the way. If you want to be considered seriously, please attach a writing sample.

Snakefeather

Would it be possible to negotiate lump-sum payments during the production period? I don't know if I could commit to something this big at the moment without seeing some money before publication. An advance, maybe?

Sorry to sound mercenary. I'm interested in sending a sample, but I'm working on another book to be published in September. Doing both would take up most of my time, so I'd really need to see money before publication or I'd be broke until the end of the year. Although I may still be flexible.

Is this to be a total re-write or just a substantial editing/rephrasing of the existing material? I'm just trying to get a grasp of the time I would have to commit to a project like this.
Matt B Carter

www.mattbcarter.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
mattbcarter@blueyonder.co.uk