News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Underworld update?

Started by Tim Gray, August 21, 2003, 03:35:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Gray

Last situation report seems to have been April, so is there anything more to tell?

Something about UW tickles the back of my mind every so often, something to do with the strangeness of it. It'd be nice to have a book I felt more confident using than 1st ed. Tighter system, more background, less hiphop... ;)  Of course, if I wanted to I could run it using my own system, which was substantially inspired by UW anyway (though that might be hard to see now, it probably looks more like Storyteller).

Also... any more thoughts on The Mysterious New Game, Gareth?
Legends Walk! - a game of ancient and modern superheroes

GMSkarka

Quote from: Tim GrayLast situation report seems to have been April, so is there anything more to tell?

Not really, no.  My experiences at Origins and Gencon this year showed me that there are a bunch of people who'd like to see a new version of the game, but no decision has been made yet.

Basically, I've got my hands full with freelance work, and with Adamant projects like FVLMINATA D20 and Buccaneers & Bokor--I'm also getting an itch to do a new RPG design, and going back to UnderWorld would feel like a step backward to me, rather than a step forward.

Other problems, too:  If we did decide to do a 2nd edition, we'd have to change the title, to avoid confusion with the Werewolves vs Vampires movie called UNDERWORLD which is coming out soon.

GMS
Gareth-Michael Skarka
Adamant Entertainment
gms@adamantentertainment.com

Tim Gray

Thanks Gareth. I picked some of that up from your blog - yes, We Are Watching You!

That name thing's a real pig - can't think of anything else that captures it as simply. Maybe something about Radiance in the Deep/Darkness/Earth - or use the original idea for the supplement, DownBelow? Something that can suggest the fairytale/mythic and the modern. Or something that's uninformative but atmospheric and intriguing, like 'Neverwhere' was.

I suppose one question for you guys is how close you got to 2nd ed - whether it just needs some finishing off, or lots more basic work.
Legends Walk! - a game of ancient and modern superheroes