News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Stasis - shouldn't that be scene?

Started by Pilgrim, September 07, 2003, 11:58:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pilgrim

See p 21, 4th paragraph under Using Stasis, last sentence before the example.

QuoteIf the lock is removed, the characteristic rating returns to its original rating at the end of the conflict phase (i.e., the permanent rating that existed before the lock was put in place).

Now unless I'm misreading things this conflicts with the information on page 12 of the MS (3rd new paragraph, last one before goals and victories), whic says that characteristics altered by a conflict revert at the end of the scene.
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike
Exos integro, sugiliato curatio, y femellas amo cicatrix.

Matt Snyder

Quote from: PilgrimSee p 21, 4th paragraph under Using Stasis, last sentence before the example.

QuoteIf the lock is removed, the characteristic rating returns to its original rating at the end of the conflict phase (i.e., the permanent rating that existed before the lock was put in place).

Now unless I'm misreading things this conflicts with the information on page 12 of the MS (3rd new paragraph, last one before goals and victories), whic says that characteristics altered by a conflict revert at the end of the scene.

This may seem conflicting, but it is intentional. This is a special case of "reversion." Regardless, this may need more careful wording, and here's why: Suppose your enemy has a Stasis lock of 4 on his Power rating of 6. In a near-miraculous phase, you gather 10 Chaos Tricks. You can devote 4 to break the lock, and then use the remaining 6 tricks to finish the enemy for good by reducing his power to 0.
Matt Snyder
www.chimera.info

"The future ain't what it used to be."
--Yogi Berra

Pilgrim

Ok, that does make sense once you've explained it. Different wording or a simple explanation or example might be all that's needed.
Thanks,
--
Bowden "Trey" Palmer | trey DOT palmer AT Golf Mike Alpha India Lima DOT Charlie Oscar Mike
Exos integro, sugiliato curatio, y femellas amo cicatrix.