News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Play by post/email?

Started by Christopher Weeks, October 22, 2003, 09:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob McNamee

Bob's signed up for more Uni wiki!
Bob McNamee
Indie-netgaming- Out of the ordinary on-line gaming!

Mike Holmes

Heh, in making the leftmost part of the domain "universalis", like the Universalis site, Chris has inadvertently established a Universalis domain web. Maybe it'll spread. :-)

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Christopher Weeks

Actually, right after I did that, I wondered if it was legal or fair use or whatever.  Anyway, I figure I'm on solid ground since both of the people who might care, know and haven't said anything, and I'm not making any money.

Chris

hix

Is anyone else experiencing problems accessing the Swiki? I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" message.

Steve.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

ScottM

Quote from: hixIs anyone else experiencing problems accessing the Swiki? I'm getting an "Internal Server Error" message.

Steve.

Yes, I'm also having the same problem.
-Scott
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Christopher Weeks

I too.  When did it start?

Chris

hix

I first noticed it this morning - so about 8 or 9 hours ago at least. I'm still able to access my other swikis though.

Steve.

Edited once.
Cheers,
Steve

Gametime: a New Zealand blog about RPGs

Mike Holmes

Just chiming in with a "me too".

Mike

Christopher Weeks

One of our trusty players emailed me the following:

QuoteI noticed on the Forge, people are having trouble accessing to The
Universalis Arena. I think it is because the URL has been changed (dropping
the inadvertent Universalis domain part) the new URL is

http://www.swiki.net/~clweeks/The%20Universalis%20Arena/1

So there you are!  I've got email in to the swiki.net support folks, hopefully I'll find out what the deal is.

Chris

Bob McNamee

I'm not able to reach the Universalis Arena- wiki website today (sunday Nov 9, 2003)

Bob McNamee
Bob McNamee

Mike Holmes

Hmm. That's weird, I get there with the new link above with no problem. OTOH, I've had some problems with the password...

Mike

Christopher Weeks

I have to say, I think this is really bad.  I can't get in either and haven't been able to do so reliably for a week.  And Ralph's mailing just went out.  And I haven't heard back from Swiki.  Grrrrr.

But, what can you expect from a free service.  I guess I'll have to start looking at hosting a wiki of some kind and maybe we can correct the bad URL somehow.

Chris

ScottM

I'll chime in with a "me too" again; both swiki addresses are gone (And have been for quite a while).
Hey, I'm Scott Martin. I sometimes scribble over on my blog, llamafodder. Some good threads are here: RPG styles.

Bob McNamee

IT seems to be working for me today
Bob McNamee

Christopher Weeks

Quote from: Bob McNameeIT seems to be working for me today

Yeah, part of my concern is that I have seen update notes from at least four players since I was last able to get into any page at all.  I'm really wondering what gives.

Chris