News:

Forum changes: Editing of posts has been turned off until further notice.

Main Menu

Wayfarer's Song - Second Edition: Feedback

Started by Peregrine, October 31, 2003, 12:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peregrine

Hi everyone,

I just thought I'd drop by and see if I can get a little feedback on the second edition Wayfarer's Song. A few of you will be familiar with the game, but for those who are not...

Wayfarer's Song is set in a mythic prehistory of Europe, an age of sorcery that gave rise to the laterday myths and legends of the Norse and Celts. In the Wayfarer setting those who are recalled as gods in later days are mortal men, powerful mortals sorcerers and kings, but mortals nonetheless. The players are heroes struggling to acquire enough fame and magic to be recalled as gods themselves.

Anyway the major changes from first to second ed:

* New layout. A few illustrations.
* Additional setting info and story hooks
* Addition of tribes for Mortal Men and smoothing out/simplifying mortal chargen.

And last but not least...

* The complete Kithbook of the Aelfan Folks.

Anyway, all comments are welcome. Once I've got some feedback I'll make somemore alterations, and repost the fixed up PDFs.

You can download and peruse Wayfarer at...

http://mythogames.150m.com/folder_01/wayfarer_download.htm

Thanks ahead of time for any input,

Chris

Matt Machell

Apparently you've exceeded your bandwidth, and at only 20mb that's probably not many PDFs...

-Matt

Peregrine

That's the problem with a free service. Oh well at least it took longer to exceed my bandwidth than with geocities...

When I've eventually settled down in one country I'll actually set up a real paid-for page.

I've checked and the page seems to be up and running again.

Chris

Mike Holmes

Chris, I'm a big fan of your design. So please, ask some specific quesitons so that people will discuss it. At this point I think you could start asking "is it done?" for example. Because I think if you're not there already, you're very close. Do you have a publication schedule? What are your plans?

What other feedback would be useful at this point?

Mike
Member of Indie Netgaming
-Get your indie game fix online.

Peregrine

QuoteChris, I'm a big fan of your design.

Thanks

QuoteAt this point I think you could start asking "is it done?" for example. Because I think if you're not there already, you're very close. Do you have a publication schedule? What are your plans?

I generally like to get some first impression feedback but if you'd like some more specific questions...

Are the three player races sufficiently distinguishable?

Are the tribes in the human kithbook interesting? Do they appeal to you as a player?

Is there enough for characters to do in the world? Do you get a good sense of what the game is actaully about or does it feel more open to different uses?

Is there anything that feels missing from the game?

Is there enough setting / too much?

I've no particular inclination to try and publish Wayfarer (which must seem crazy given the amount of effort that has gone into it). I'm involved in small press fiction publishing at the moment and trying to put more effort into my own fiction writing, so well, I just can't spare the time and effort a print-quality production would need.

Thanks,

Chris